Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
WarChild
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 8:27 am   

BIG Alias/Hidden Hassle

While pasteing in a friends alias (for a sword making bot) I ran into trouble.
He wrote it for 5.55 and I use 6.1, now I've converted others over before, but they have never been this large.
Here's my problem.. There is an error in it. I don't know where because its so large it doesn't highlight it. Theres just a quick flash of writing at the bottem (where it would normally tell you what error (parse, syntax etc etc)
It doesn't even highlight around what line the problem is at. Can anyone tell me how to "freeze" it so I can see what the error is I need to fix? I've gone through the alias code several times and I can't find anywhere it should have a problem. If I can see what error it has then I can more than likely fix it
Acaila
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 10:22 am   

AFAIK there's no way to "freeze" it like you'd want, but if you post the alias here I bet there's someone who can fix it for you.

Acaila
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2001 7:00 am   

quote:

While pasteing in a friends alias (for a sword making bot) I ran into trouble.
He wrote it for 5.55 and I use 6.1, now I've converted others over before, but they have never been this large.
Here's my problem.. There is an error in it. I don't know where because its so large it doesn't highlight it. Theres just a quick flash of writing at the bottem (where it would normally tell you what error (parse, syntax etc etc)
It doesn't even highlight around what line the problem is at. Can anyone tell me how to "freeze" it so I can see what the error is I need to fix? I've gone through the alias code several times and I can't find anywhere it should have a problem. If I can see what error it has then I can more than likely fix it

ZMud doesn't seem to prefer readable code:). Best advice, if you know enough to properly read the script-flow, is to export the alias to text, format it to a highly readable and easy to use form, and print it out. Most errors will jump out at you then (especially if it's syntax-related).

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: