Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
harley
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:31 pm   

3.31 Session layout

I've tried everything i can think of.
I've reinstalled cmud, I've deleted the xyl files, 'ive shift clicked the session.
NEVER does it save the layout i use.. Its so annoying..

It used to work, on 3.1x, since upgrade it broke :/
Also, I have some events that are based on time.. ie
onMinute() etc.. every time this event fires it lags for a few seconds..
there is nothing else in the trigger save the #raise onminute, and there are no events using the onminute.

Why does this lag every time?
harley
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:48 pm   

More information:
This isnt a huge problem for me.. I can disable the onminute event/trigger and its fine.
It doesnt bother me a lot to redo my window every time i open cmud.

However, i am helping a friend, she HATES it.. She is wanting me to revert her back to 3.14 or whatever it was. Because it was working fine for her there.
She is using vista x86
i'm using win7 x64
Both of us have admin with uac disabled.

I am sharing most of my package with her, Still trying to figure out the problems.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:57 pm   

These should have been posted in separate threads.

Regarding the session layout: Do you have Autosave Layout turned on? Have you clicked Save Layout?
When you installed Cmud, did you tell it to save your settings in the Program Files folder, or your %DOCUMENTS% directory?

Regarding the timed event lag: What do you mean by "it lags for a few seconds"? How can you tell? What effects does this have?
harley
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:16 pm   

I'll create a new thread then.

I turned autosave off and on, i clicked save layout several times.
When i reinstalled cmud, i created a backup of my pkg and maps and uninstalled the client and deleted everything in the \my games\cmud dir
Created a new package and loaded maps/pkg and still didnt work.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:20 pm   

Use the Edit Session action and go to the Files/Packages tab. It will show you the name and path of your *.XLY window layout file. Be sure the "Use Layout" option is checked here. Then you can use Open Offline and rearrange your windows and then exit CMUD and go into Windows and see if the *.XLY file has been modified or not. It sounds like a permission issue on your computer that is preventing CMUD from saving to the *.XLY file.

As Rahab mentioned, be sure you selected the %DOCUMENTS% option for the location of your user session data files when you installed CMUD. Your files should be in the My Documents\My Games\CMUD directory. If they are being stored in "Program Files" then it won't work on Vista or Windows 7 because of the file permissions on those systems, regardless of your UAC settings.

In the Layout menu, AutoSave Layout should be Enabled and Lock Layout should be disabled.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:34 pm   

More on the layout thing. Make sure Lock Layout is unchecked before you save, and then checked after you save.

I'm sure you know, but you're friend really should not revert to 3.14. She would essentially be foregoing almost 20 iterations of feature additions and bug fixes.

Finally please post more about the onMinute event lag that you are saying. When you do post include, how you implemented onMinute, how many things respond to this event. Also include why you chose an onMinute event versus something like a tick or an alarm.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:40 pm   

The layout thing i think has been solved..
I uninstalled again, removed all entries of cmud in registry, deleted everything having to do with cmud on my pc.. and then proceeded to do a fresh install
As is right now, the layout is saving.
I'll create a new post about the lag and such, show you what i have and everything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: