Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zquestion
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:41 am   

3.31 .(directions) speedwalking not working

I can not get the .(directions) command to function anymore. Options > General > Scripting > Special Characters > Movement Char is enabled as well.

I looked to see if the English Directions package is being loaded / on the list of packages for the session, threw Edit Session action - Files/Packages tab. I opened the session offline, and made sure the English Directions package was checked/enabled for the window as well.

still nothing I enter .nnss it sends the the whole chunk to the mud as is... made sure special characters wasent changed from . to something else. Updated English Directions pack from cmuds library as I thought it may a have somehow gotten tweaked, but there was no effect/change. Not sure what else to check/do. any suggestions?
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:19 am   

Make sure there is no red X over the little computer to the right of the command line. If that was the case though you would not be able to use the command line for anything other sending exactly what you type to the MUD. So I'm guessing that's not the problem. Is everything else working correctly?
CMUD 3.34
Zquestion
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:12 pm   

Yea no red x over it everything else seems to work as per normal. other special characters work fine such as the ; commands etc. just the .directions doesn't seems to register.
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:39 pm   

Do you get the same result of it not working if you create a new session for a mud you've never connected to before?
CMUD 3.34
Yetzederixx
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:06 pm   

I have this problem as well, and it's only for hte MUD I play as I tested your idea Fizgar.
Yetzederixx
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:08 pm   

In http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36188 Zugg said to check if the english lang dirs were being loaded, try his directions as well.
Zquestion
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:24 am   

I have this problem even if i create a brand new session with no triggers and regardless of the mud I am trying to connect to. Ive checked everything zugg has said in the link you provided. English directions are checked to load, they show they are loading on and offline, and even got a new copy of English dirs to make sure they where not corrupt. The special characters are enabled and other special characters like the ; @ % are working fine and others scripts are working fine as well. This happens regardless of if i have a map opened or loaded. But my speed walks on maps(in my main session) using the #walk command still work fine i just cannot manually make a path using the .(direction) special character. Im getting no error messages or crashes on exit.

figured i would throw system specs out as well just in case anyone wanted to know
widows vista home premium 32 bit(UAC disabled-in admin-run as admin)
amd phenom 9500
4g ram

Thanks in advance
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:32 am   

@ Yetzederixx:
Export the XML of your current mud package by opening the package editor (ctrl+g), then hit (alt+f) and click export XML all. After you have saved the exported XML, close CMUD. Create a brand new session for that mud, and make sure to name it slightly different than the original one so that it creates a new package file with a slightly different name (this is important). Once the session is created and you are connected to it on or offline, press (ctrl+g), (alt+f), click on import XML and browse to where you just saved the XML you previously exported. Once imported save, close the package editor, close CMUD, restart, connect to the mud (with the newly created session) and give speed walks a try. If all goes well you can delete the original package and any references to it including it's folder after you have moved any editor files or the map db to the new package folder.

@ Zquestion:
You may want to try a fresh install of CMUD and see if that helps. As long as you have never saved any packages to you /program files/cmud/packages directory and used default install preferences, just drag and drop the CMUD folder from /My documents/my games/cmud to the desktop, uninstall cmud and delete the cmud folder in /program files as well as /documents/my games then reinstall and try to connect to your mud and speed walk without doing anything else.
CMUD 3.34
Yetzederixx
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:47 pm   

Fizgar, it worked, thank you tons. I will say this though. When you're going to perform this operation, the export: Highlight ALL Your Settings > Right Click > Export Selection to XML and use that instead of a full export. When I did the import following your directions it bound them to the original window, and even after I cut and pasted all my settings into the new window I couldn't remove the old one and it hosed everything up.

I did pin point the exact time that speedwalking stopped working for me though tanks to Zquestion. I tried to use the automapper to map parts of the city my char lives in for a RP rank quest. After removing the map, because I didn't have the patience to deal with the non-euclidian space of the city, speedwalking quit.

Thanks for your help, and good luck Zquestion!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: