Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ganmo
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:53 pm   

question alias or trigger

Hi wonder if it is possible to create a trigger or alias that run to certain point in the map?
E.g. I'm in one places I just have to type in this trigger or alias that will take me to this point.

Just wondering since now I have to run to certain point in the map, and then run an alias which will take me to that place.
complex
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:05 pm   

Sure the command you are looking for is #walk roomnumber

Code:

<alias name="whatEver" id="188">
  <value>#walk 999</value>
</alias>

Just replace the whatEver with what you want to call your alias, and the 999 with the room number of the room you want to walk to. Then when you want to walk to that room from anywhere in your mud you just type the name of alias (in the above example it would be whatEver) That will automatically fire off the shortest path from where you are to where you want to go. You can get the room number from hovering over the room on your map with your mouse.

A trigger would be about the same, lets say you want to run to your quest master every time you get the message you can quest again

Code:

<trigger priority="600" id="60">
  <pattern>* You can quest again</pattern>
  <value>#walk 999</value>
</trigger>

This would fire off the path to your questmaster (if he was in room 999) from anywhere on the mud.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:02 pm   

Exactly want I needed, saves time than creating alias :)
btw is it possible to make it work for two sessions?
As of now it seems only to work on one session only.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:39 pm   

Exactly what do you mean by "make it work for two sessions?"
What version of Cmud are you using?
Are you saying that you have two different sessions running simultaneously? If that is what you mean, it should work just fine in version 3.xx. If it is not, please describe exactly how you are running your sessions (separate windows in a single instance of Cmud? Separate instances of Cmud?), plus what you are doing and what happens (or fails to happen) when you try.
ganmo
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:18 pm   

I'm running single instance CMUD version 2.37. Yea it is two sessions I am running simultaneously.
When I run the above #walk XXX it will only work in one window. While in the other window it will not respond.

So I have to run CMUD 3.xx if I want that feature?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:54 pm   

Trying to use the map with two sessions on a single instance of Cmud won't work under 2.37. 2.37 could only keep track of a single location at a time, and each instance of Cmud would only open a single map. If you run two separate instances of Cmud, it should work.
Ithilion
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:08 pm   

complex wrote:

Code:

<trigger priority="600" id="60">
  <pattern>* You can quest again</pattern>
  <value>#walk 999</value>
</trigger>

This would fire off the path to your questmaster (if he was in room 999) from anywhere on the mud.

This would also fire off any instance of the words You can quest again in any window, from any channel, any ...

Please be advised you'll want to use anchors (^ for begin of line, $ to end the line) - for example a trigger with ^You can quest again$ will only fire on "You can quest again", not "blah you can quest again" or you can quest again. or some other variant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: