Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
dbosst
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:01 pm   

3.30 cpu usage

I've repeated it a ton of times with my Achaea package, but I can't figure out what exactly is causing CMUD to hog an entire core of my CPU -- gets stuck at 50% total cpu usage, even AFTER I close the session window, and make sure #THREADS reports no threads running.. and disable command line parsing and triggers... and the script debugger window shows nothing actively executing... I don't have a clue what's causing it and how to debug it....

Have to restart cmud completely each time it gets like this... which is very often (like every hour).. .everything still appears to function normally.. ie everythign is usable.. but everything gets a tiny bit slower... since its hogging cpu cycles for nothing...
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:34 am   

What version of Windows are you on?
dbosst
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:22 am   

I am using Windows XP, SP3

I normally gag my prompt but sometimes it doesn't work always and for the first time I saw this echo type ERROR in my main window

Code:

3783h, 3623m, 17750e, 17815w exkdb-ERROR: argument still on stack: curseward=1|blindness=1|deafness=1|resistance=1|nightsight=1|fitness=1|insomnia=1|caloric salve=1|selfishness=1|kola=1|temperance=1|vitality=1|affinity=1|deathsight=1|venom=1|third eye=1|speed=1|morph=Wyvern|levitating=1|mindseye=1|starburst=1|flail=1

Its either relating to this or my gagging ... since every once in a while I'll see mxp tags that were interrupted like COLOR=#C0C0C0> at the start of the line

Other symptoms: my memory usage for CMUD has usually risen significantly above normal levels and when I stop the main command line using #STOP which I suppose you never should do it does stop the cpu usage to 0 again, but then of course cmud is unresponsive since I stopped the only thread that processes command input...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:48 pm   

Well, the "ERROR: argument still on stack: " means you have some sort of script error, probably in your prompt handling. You'll need to try and track that down and fix that first before we can look into any memory or cpu usage stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: