Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Kurapiira
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:13 am   

upgrade 6.16 to any new version

Hi,

I have the order number ID and lic # .
I have been hitting the "get license" button till recently.
I can no longer get a license, as the elicense thing is down?
The email i used to BUY this product is defunct , or i cant remember it.

Is there any way with the order ID and Lic# that I can upgrade to any version of zmud?
i would be happy to keep using zmud 6.16 , or if not, i would be
happy to upgrade.

Is the whole upgrade thing based on an email address i had many many years ago?

I would appreciate any help on this, as all the things i have tried have failed.

Thank you very much for any help or ideas...
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:36 am   

1)if you still know the email address, send it in an email explaining the situation to Zugg or Chiara at sales@zuggsoft.com or support@zuggsoft.com. They can use the old email address to look up your information and should be able to update it with your new email address. They can then help you get into the Zuggstore and get your new license stuff set up.

2)all versions of zmud that used the eLicense scheme are completely unusable now. This is because eLicense finally removed the last traces of the Zuggsoft licensing account from their servers, so there's no way for existing licensed users of these versions to renew their licenses. You have to either downgrade to the free version or upgrade to 7.21.

3)ZMud is an officially "dead" program. This means that there will be no more upgrades. If you want a ZMud-like platform beyond the 7.21 version, you will need to buy a license for CMud (public version is 2.37, beta version is 3.22). While I don't think there are any active now, you might want to ask Zugg/Chiara about any deals/options available for transferring a paid zmud license to a cmud one (seriously expect to be told you'll just have to pay full price for it, though) when sending the email for #1.
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:13 am   

I am unsure what email address i used so many years ago.
I have the lic # and order #...surely they might be able to cross reference those?

:; sighs ::
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:26 pm   

Probably so.
You will just need to send them an email asking, all they can do is say no, and they might say yes.

Personally I suggest upgrading to CMud anyway.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:48 pm   

Just email us with whatever information you have and we should be able to help. Obviously we cannot help with license issues on a public forum like this.
coloradokid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:41 pm   

I have a similar problem (old email address no longer accessible with my order number/code from under the old system of registration). I followed steps I found under old forum posts (such as running reg-zmud myself with elicen40.dll in the directory) but haven't gotten anything to work. I even tried uninstalling zMUD and re-installing it to get a "trial" version with an "upgrade" button but when I re-install it I just get the registered version again.

I emailed support@zuggsoft.com 2 weeks ago asking for help but haven't heard anything back yet. I re-emailed them all my information again today in case they missed it. Hopefully I can get a response, even if it's a "we aren't giving you an updated code" response or something like that.

I was off from mudding for a few years, so I was not around at the time to change to the new registration system when the old eLicense site was up and running. Now it appears to be defunct.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:30 pm   

We answer email within 48 hours, so if you haven't heard anything, check your spam folders to be sure our reply is not getting lost, or try contacting us from a different email account.
coloradokid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:34 pm   

Another 3 weeks and still unresolved. My first and second emails received no replies. Nothing in the junk mail, nothing in the trash. I do not have a second email account to mail from, and am not going to create one just to try to get help with software I already own. If I had zMUD working I would be more inclined to buy cMUD but no sense throwing good money after bad at this point.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:38 pm   

Definitely sounds like a problem with your email provider. Try sending me a message to sales@zuggsoft.com and reference this forum post in the message. You can also post here what your email provider name is (not your full address, just the whatever.com) so I can look for it specifically.

At least with that information I could look to see if we are receiving your message and you aren't getting the reply or if we are not getting the message at all in the first place.

If your email client has a "white list", add "zuggsoft.com" to the white list.
coloradokid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:09 pm   

That's odd because I got an email from support@zuggsoft.com when I registered for these forums, so I know I've gotten mail successfully before, with the link I had to click to activate my forum account.

My provider is @gmail.com

I will look for/work on the other things you mentioned.
coloradokid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:34 pm   

I submitted a request through the "support" section of your website and received what's probably an automated response in my email "Information on Your Request {request#}" so at least that email got through to me.
coloradokid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:55 pm   

After messaging Zugg through the forum, he was able to get my email changed in the store and I was able to get my new updated license.

So thank you, and the issue I have has been resolved. I appreciate your help in getting it sorted out. Just wanted to post on the forum in case anyone else was watching, so that they know that Zugg does give good support for his products, even years after my original purchase.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:06 pm   

Woohoo!

Still don't understand how we never saw the gmail message. I sure hope gmail isn't starting to do bad stuff like yahoo did with their filtering. But sending me the PM in the forum was a great idea and something I should have thought about myself ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: