Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:17 am   

Deep Nesting

Hi, anyone have any thoughts about complicated nests like this? Seems fine, Just the number of closing brackets is intimidating

Code:
#class Pouring|Datagroup
#sh debug enter Nextsp
#if (%ismember( "to", @PRH_NextOrders)) {
  #addkey PotionAI Client %proper( %item( @PRH_NextOrders, %eval( %ismember( "to", @PRH_NextOrders) + 1)))
  #sh %format( "          &-16s", Client name: @PotionAI.client)
  #co @prh_crinfo
  #sh ""
  #delnitem PRH_NextOrders %eval( %ismember( "to", @PRH_NextOrders) + 1)
  #delitem PRH_NextOrders "to"
  }
#if (%ismember( "stop", @PRH_NextOrders)) {
  #sh "STOPPED"
  #addkey PotionAI pause 1
  #co @prh_crinfo
  #if (@PRH_Filled = @PRH_CurBrews) {#sh ~debug would be PRH_Interrupt}
  #if (%numitems( @PRH_QODB) or %numitems( @OrderDB)) {#sh ~debug would be PRH_Interrupt}
  #if (@PRH_Filled != @PRH_CurBrews) {#sh ~debug would be PRH_Interrupt}
  #delitem PRH_NextOrder "stop"
  }
#forall @PRH_NextOrders {#if (%i = "ffo") {
    #delkey PotionAI WhichDB
    #sh Swtiching Focus: Using Financial Database
    } {#if (%i = "ehh") {
      #addkey PotionAI WhichDB 1
      #sh Swtiching Focus: Using Ephemeral Database
      } {#if (%isnumber( %i)) {
        callshort %i
        #var vpouring1 @prh_vshort1
        #sh %format( "          &-16s", Filling @vpouring1.)
        #co @prh_crinfo
        #sh ""
        #unvar prh_vshort1
        } {#if (%match( %lower( %i), "(vial%d)", vpouring1)) {
          #sh %format( "          &-16s", Filling @vpouring1.)
          #co @prh_crinfo
          #sh ""
          } {#if (%lower( %i) = "vial") {
            #var vpouring1 Vial
            #sh %format( "          &-16s", Filling generic @vpouring1.)
            #co @prh_crinfo
            #sh ""
            } {#if ( %i = "statdb") {#exec PRH_AllStat db} {#if ( %i = "track") {#exec PRH_AllStat track} {#if ( %i = "stat") {#exec PRH_AllStat} {#if (%i = "last") {
                    #if (%numitems( @PRH_Doover) > 0) {
                      #sh Work Order regressed to %item( @PRH_DoOver, %numitems( @PRH_DoOver))
                      #co @prh_crinfo
                      #var PRH_IKeys %push( %item( @PRH_DoOver, %numitems( @PRH_DoOver)), @PRH_IKeys)
                      #var PRH_DoOver %delnitem( @PRH_DoOver, %numitems( @PRH_DoOver))
                      }
                    } {#if (%i = "repot") {
                      #var PRH_IKeys ""
                      #loopdb @RiftCost {#addi PRH_IKeys %key}
                      #if (%ismember( @PRH_IKeys, "gold")) {#var PRH_IKeys %additem( gold, @PRH_IKeys)}
                      #unvar PRH_DoOver
                      } {#if (!%null( %i)) {#var PRH_Xpot %i}}}}}}}}}}}}
#unvar PRH_NEXTORDERS
#if (!%null( @PRH_Xpot)) {SetPot}
#if (%numitems( @PotionAI.fix)) {
  #if (%ismember( "forceret", @PotionAI.fix)) {
    #if (%null( @PotionAI.AutoReturn)) {
      #sh ""
      #sh {Work Order exceeds vial capacity. Return presently set to hold vials.}
      #co @prh_crwarn
      #sh {FORCING AUTO RETURN... done.}
      #co @prh_crwarn
      #sh ""
      #addkey PotionAI AutoReturn X
      #if (%numitems( @PotionAI.fix) > 1) {#addkey PotionAI fix %delitem( "forceret", @PotionAI.fix)} {#delkey PotionAI fix}
      }
    }
  #if (%ismember( "noclient", @PotionAI.fix)) {
    #sh ""
    #sh {Return order set to 'After Filling'. No Client.}
    #co @prh_crwarn
    #sh {Please Enter 'NEXT to Whomever.}
    #co @prh_crwarn
    #sh ""
    #if (%numitems( @PotionAI.fix) > 1) {#addkey PotionAI fix %delitem( "noclient", @PotionAI.fix)} {#delkey PotionAI fix}
    }
  }
#sh debug exit Nextsp
#class 0
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:34 pm   

I try to write my code with C style indentation and bracketing. Makes bracket matching a lot easier to keep track of ;) (I write mostly in C and PHP anyways.. so its habit)

Like this:
Code:
#IF (@var = 1)
{
  #IF (@var2 = 2)
  {
    #COMMAND OF SOME KIND
  }
}

Of course, the darned editor doesn't always keep this... since simple things get collapsed to a single line ;)
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:15 pm   

My Bad.

That is easy to look at. I use notepad++ if I need to work on a file like this, it matches brackets. Actually if I had your knowledge I could make notepad++ convert the whole thing to some more understandable fashion.

Getting the code bracketed is not so much a worry. I was wondering if there an instability with deep nests; I have a program that makes dialogs and only allows like 9 levels of nests. That is why I was curious.

I'll say though, inserting a new conditional in a deep nest is not editor friendly even if it is properly formatted. I usually paste the original in a backup in case I get that scary, plain, not compiled script. Then I can try to appease the editor with spacing.

Still thanks. Razz
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:52 am   

Leitia wrote:
My Bad.

That is easy to look at. I use notepad++ if I need to work on a file like this, it matches brackets. Actually if I had your knowledge I could make notepad++ convert the whole thing to some more understandable fashion.

Getting the code bracketed is not so much a worry. I was wondering if there an instability with deep nests; I have a program that makes dialogs and only allows like 9 levels of nests. That is why I was curious.

I have an extremely detailed group healer mulebot trigger set for one mud I used to play that has really deep nesting conditionals. I've never had any troubles with it.

Quote:

I'll say though, inserting a new conditional in a deep nest is not editor friendly even if it is properly formatted. I usually paste the original in a backup in case I get that scary, plain, not compiled script. Then I can try to appease the editor with spacing.

Still thanks. Razz

Don't remind me! I always keep backups of my scripts. Every revision I make backups :) Only the big ones of course, like the aforementioned healer mulebot :)
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:39 pm   

zMUD does not properly handle full nesting like this. zMUD was originally written to have all scripts on one line, so zMUD will try to convert your script to a single line internally, which can cause problems. You really need to use CMUD for stuff like this since CMUD was designed to handle multiline scripts.
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:35 am   

Thanks, I did put down the project due to irl changes, but if I return to it I can use single line conditionals, then set the XPot name thing with a variable. Not that there is any call for this script, except it's fun.

I would bring my old works to CMud, but my Pavilion was sketch out of the box, I would need an OS or something that ignores HP. What a burn. Don't blame me, I am happy to have a broken pavillion, even. I would use it with XP, though this and that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: