Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
rck
Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:10 am   

[3.17] Link clicking & scrolling session window

When clicking a URL in a session window (that was simply outputted, no MXP or anything special) it seems to cause the window to 'center' on that line, which then causes the window to stop scrolling properly. The only way I've found to fix the scrolling is to either restart CMUD or select some text -- which forces the buffer to readjust back to normal.

This happens 100% of the times I've tested, though I'm unsure if I'm describing it in detail enough.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:42 am   

simply clicking in the window should be enough to reset the window so that it resumes proper scrolling. It's an old and familiar bug that's mastered the exquisite art of Hiding from Zugg, so even though everyone knows about it and probably had it happen to them at one time or another we have almost no information on how to track it down.

I think that frustrates Zugg more than actually finding and fixing the bug, since he loses the advantage of his capable beta-testers.
Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:55 am   

It actually doesn't fix when clicking in the window for me -- it starts to scroll, but not properly (it scrolls but the 'edge' of the buffer is partially hidden).
Derar
Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:07 pm   

I've had some luck with doing something to change the layout of the window to reset it. Usually it happens to me in chat capture windows, so I add a command line to the window, then remove it, and it resets it just fine. Same in reverse for one you already have a command line on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: