Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:03 am   

CMUD and Windows 7

I am wondering if anyone knows if CMUD works in the Windows 7 beta?
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:17 am   

I've been using it quite religiously in Windows 7, and I've had no problems whatsoever.

Most things that are compatible with Vista will work in Windows 7.

Charneus
Haldrik
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:54 am   

I'm running 64 bit Windows 7. Latest build.

It's working great for me. I had never used it with Vista, so i went directly from XP. It's pretty :P

Sidenote... is there any PIN to top options for windows 7?
Haldrik
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:52 pm   

Quick note...

I just got home from work and CMUD is running SERIOUSLY slow. I've only had it installed on windows 7 for 2 days so something is up. I used to run CMUD for 2-3 days on XP without noticing any slow down.

I also was running probably 200+ triggers before.

Now I probably have 2-3 triggers.

It's not a computer hardware issue either, I'm running a Quad Core black edition at 3600 with 8 gigs of ram.

I'm sure a quick restart will restore CMUD. I just wanted you to be aware before you jump ship.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:24 pm   

Haldrik wrote:
Quick note...

I just got home from work and CMUD is running SERIOUSLY slow. I've only had it installed on windows 7 for 2 days so something is up. I used to run CMUD for 2-3 days on XP without noticing any slow down.

I also was running probably 200+ triggers before.

Now I probably have 2-3 triggers.

It's not a computer hardware issue either, I'm running a Quad Core black edition at 3600 with 8 gigs of ram.

I'm sure a quick restart will restore CMUD. I just wanted you to be aware before you jump ship.

Not sure what your issue is, but I've had CMUD running on Windows 7 for 2-3 months now. I /rarely/ restart CMUD for any reason, and my system is far weaker than yours.

Virus/spyware problem, it may be.

Oh, and I have over 570 triggers. Uptime has been 9 days and counting, and even then I only restarted my computer due to power outage.

Charneus
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:02 pm   

Haldrik: You can open the Script Debugger window in CMUD to see the timing for your triggers to determine which triggers are slowing down your system. But it sounds like a problem very specific to your scripts or computer.
gicker42

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:39 pm   

I'm having problems with Windows 7 x64. The program is repeatedly throwing errors. The first one is an sqlite.dll error. Then follow several access violation errors at memory addresses, and in general I can't get the program to work. All of this happens at launch time.

What do you need from me to debug? I have sent an error report through the program already.

Cheers,

Steve S
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:57 pm   

Please do not reply to old posts. If you are having a problem, please create a new forum topic. If you are using the 2.37 version, post to the regular CMUD Discussion Forum. If you are using the Beta version, then make a new post in this CMUD Beta Forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: