Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
crlanglois

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:22 pm   

Switching session windows and classes within a script

I have a question I am hoping someone will be able to help me with regarding switching sessions.

I have 3 sessions open, each with their own package running, the 3 sessions are labeled GSM, LCP, and PCPP. These 3 sessions each have their own package with the same names.

I have a set up that essentially looks like this within package editor:
GSM Session
GSM Class
Associated Triggers
LCP Session
LCP Class
Associated Triggers
PCPP Session
PCPP Class
Associated Triggers

What I want to have happen is execute the following within the LCP class upon completion:
#MENU {Window|Next Window};#class LCP 0;#class GSM 1

This appears to switch sessions appropriately to the next session window but the problem looks like if I launch #class GSM 1 within the LCP class/session, it does not enable the GSM class inside the GSM session.

I hope I explained this clearly, is there a good way to accomplish this?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:41 pm   

You can use the full syntax of //windowname/class to reference a class within a different window.

Also, if you want to switch to a specific window, rather than the "next" window, you can use the command:

#WINDOW windowname
crlanglois

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:50 pm   

Excellent, much thanks for the rapid response. We use our current licensed copy of CMUD at a corporation for automated program and test of circuit boards. We will definitely be buying more copies, keep up the good work.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:54 am   

If you are only using CMud because it happens to be a great telnet client and not because you're also using it to play online games with, you may want to explore a switch to TeSSH. It's basically CMud without the gaming-specific stuff in it (mapper, list of games to play, etc).

It would be Zugg's call as to whether he'll help you get out from under that existing CMud license (if you were wanting to drop CMud in favor of TeSSH), but you could look into that as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:47 pm   

We've actually become fond of the game specific entries, it's somewhat of a joke among us. I did, however, check out the TeSSH site and if we need SSH or FTP capability in the future I may look into that.

While I was here I figured I'd push my luck and ask if there is any support for COM port / RS-232 sessions? We have another use where we could use RS-232 automation as well.

Thanks
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:39 pm   

Nope, no support for COM port/RS-232 is planned, sorry.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:39 am   

You could however buy TCPCom from Taltech in order to redirect your COM/RS-232 port to TCP and continue using CMUD to do your automation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: