Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
cazador
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:31 am   

merge or delete a room if room already in mapper when created

When I create a room, it has a unique vnum given by the mud. By using the onroomcreate event, i can then see if the room has already been created. Is there a way I can delete the room if I have found that it has been created, or merge it with the created room via a script?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:39 pm   

Are these rooms on top of each other on the mapper window, i.e. at the same map coordinates? If so, the #MERGE command will merge them. If they are not at the same coordinates, you will have to move them to the same coordinates (currently, this is a manual operation) before doing #MERGE.
cazador
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:58 pm   

They aren't stacked. Is there a way to stack them via a script?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:16 am   

Not really. You could probably do something funky with deleting the current room, connecting the exit you used to the correct room, and resetting your location to that room, but it might be tricky. I'll think a bit about it.
cazador
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:05 pm   

Thanks, for all the help. The only thing I could think of was directly access the database and do modifications to it.
I can see this a feature request for an event that would gate the creating of a room, if you are able to determine that the room already exists.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:00 pm   

Actually, a more widely useful feature request (which I put in a year ago) is to provide a script means of changing the XYZ coordinates of a room.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: