Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
Avasyu Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:00 pm
IRE and CMUD
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:42 am   

Just a guess, the rooms you already have mapped have arbitrary (sequential) vNums. The new tags include RNum, which sets the vNum. Since vNum needs to be unique, you're probably having a conflict there.
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:03 pm   

It also seems that you just can't reload the room information. Won't even try to change a vNum for me. Anyone know a nice way around this?
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:15 pm   

This is what I have in my OnRoomEnter event. The @RoomNum variable is just the captured ATCP room number.

#if (%roomnum <> @RoomNum) {
// Update RoomNum if it isn't present.
#print %crlf Updating Room VNum. Old=%roomnum New=@RoomNum
$mapstate = %maplocked
#call %maplocked( 0)
#call %roomnum( , @RoomNum)
#call %maplocked( $mapstate)
}

Although it would be ideal if I could get my hands on a list of rooms and corresponding room numbers. I could then whip up a Perl script to match up between the two and save myself months of walking around collecting numbers.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:27 pm   

ReedN, please move your question to a new topic. Please don't hijack somebody elses thread since your question has nothing to do with this discussion about the mapper on IRE MUDs.
Avasyu
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:57 pm   

ReedN wrote:
It's a long shot, but any chance of getting a text list of rooms and their corresponding room numbers? I've been collecting room numbers, but I still haven't made an appreciable dent in my already mapped 23,250 rooms.

We are working on being able to supply something like this to users (and mud clients), but we do not have it quite yet.
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:18 pm   

Avasyu wrote:
ReedN wrote:
It's a long shot, but any chance of getting a text list of rooms and their corresponding room numbers? I've been collecting room numbers, but I still haven't made an appreciable dent in my already mapped 23,250 rooms.

We are working on being able to supply something like this to users (and mud clients), but we do not have it quite yet.

Awesome, you guys rock! And thanks again for the solid ATCP update.
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:25 pm   

Zugg wrote:
ReedN, please move your question to a new topic. Please don't hijack somebody elses thread since your question has nothing to do with this discussion about the mapper on IRE MUDs.

Regarding the AV, it seemed directly related to how Achaea (an IRE Mud) was working with CMud's mapper. Avasyu had requested people post any issues seen with the new update. This AV was directly related to the Cmud/Achaea ATCP update, so I posted here about it.

If I was incorrect about it relating to Achaea/Cmud or if it is beyond the scope of this thread, then my apologies, I had thought I was within the bounds of what Avasyu had requested.
cazador
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:23 pm   

Should I be storing the mud room vnum in the userint field, or in the vnum field?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:00 pm   

Quote:
Zugg, any idea why I would get a "SQL Error: PRIMARY KEY must be unique" when I'm trying to map a new room?

A couple of possibilities. First, make sure you are not using a map from the 3.14 Beta since the map conversion in that version was screwed up. Second, since the new Room.RoomNum hasn't been extensively tested, it's possible it is trying to create a room with a vNum that already exists on the MUD. But I'd need a lot more detail (in a SEPARATE POST please) to help more with this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: