Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
MorganUK

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:02 am   

ZMUD and automapperr Pointers

Hello folks.

Just started MUD'ding again after a long period away and have completely forgotten how to use ZMUD. Was wondering if people could assist with the following points

1) The automapper - Remembered how to stop it attempting to map failed direction attempts with NODIR and NOMAP, but was wondering if it was possible to do the following

- When automapping, colour the room automatically so if the word 'desert' is in the room name it colours it beige, or 'beach' colours it yellow
- When I try to move in a direction with water, it automatically creates a BLUE room in that direction but does not actually move me in that direction (similar to NODIR / NOMAP). When there is water present I do get a very specific message 'I cant swim yet' even though there is an exit in that direction

2) With regards to ZMUD itself, i used to send all my channelled conversation to another window... cant remember how. Can I make it so all paragraphs that begin [chat] or have [chat] in it output to another window.

Thanks in advnace for any help.
[/list]
Danlo
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:17 pm   

I'm not sure what you need with regards to the water. Maybe you can give us some output of what is happening.
Here's something for you to color the rooms automatically:

#alias onroomcreate {#if %pos("desert",%lower(%roomname)) {#NOOP %roomcol( ,beige)};#if %pos("beach",%lower(%roomname)) {#NOOP %roomcol( ,yellow)}}

How long are your paragraphs? It'd be nice to get some output of some actual CHAT lines off your mud. We can't do anything without examples of text to work from. Otherwise, take a look at the #capture command.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: