Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum Goto page 1, 2  Next
jaeih

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:50 am   

[3.16b] Intgeresting new problem concerning keypad

I just updated from 3.12 or 3.13 and now any time I use the numeric keypad on my keyboard it sends the command I have macro'd to the mud, but also put the number on the commandline. So every time I hit the 5 key it drops it onto the command line (the number 5), clearing the command line if its contents are highlighted AND sends LOOK to the mud (as normal). Tried adjusting settings. No luck. Anyone else have an idea?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:47 pm   

I am not seeing this in any of my sessions. Can anybody else reproduce this?

Have you changed the default keypad macros in any way? If so, you need to show us the exact macros that you are using so we can try to reproduce it.
jaeih

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:07 pm   

I exported the entire package and drew out the macros

<macro key="KEY0"><value>magiattack</value></macro>

<macro key="DEC"><value>cast reflect me</value></macro>

<macro key="MULT"><value>bst</value></macro>

The three key options are as such: Send to mud YES, Append to command NO, Daisy chain NO

I've had these macros since zMUD 5.55 and I've kept them along through v7 across to CMUD v2 and into the current version through a handful of beta updates.

Before I updated to 3.16b, they were working as intended with no problems, however, they were appending to the command line if the command line ended in a space, and sending it all to the mud (no space, it would skip the command line and send the macro itself to the mud, as intended).

I have tried deleting the macros and recreating them, with and without the wizard.

Beyond this package, I have the standard packages: English keypad, English directions, Clickable URLs.
jaeih

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:48 pm   

Problem solved by removing all packages from the session, clearing default packages, deleting the pkg files, and then reacquiring English Keypad.pkg from the package source.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:03 am   

OK, glad you got it working. Maybe your English Keypad package got corrupted sometime with a past beta version. Very weird.
vey2000
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:45 pm   

I seem to have this problem too. I was told by a friend about the April Fools joke this year on my old mud and decided to go check it out. CMUD told me there were new upgrades since the last time I had used it (months ago) so I upgraded from 3.08 to 3.16b. I log on and immediately notice that the numbers are being added to my command line when using the keypad. This is specially annoying as the joke this year is a huge maze.

I don't have the english keypad package since I have my own package with keypad settings -- along with everything else -- that I've been adding onto for years.
danleh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:05 pm   

I've got the same problem as jaieh.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:28 pm   

A simple reinstall will fix the problem, Danleh. Jaieh had a corrupt EnglishKeypad package, which is one of the ones supplied by Zugg as part of the installation.

As for vey2000, you will need to send that package through the export/import process. You have a corrupt package as well, but it's not one that will be magically replaced when you reinstall.
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:12 pm   

OK, I'm very concerned that several people are having this problem. It's possible there is an issue when upgrading files from an older version.

If you still get this error, please email me your *.pkg files. Both your session pkg, and the pkg file for any other packages you are loading, such as the English Keypad package. Email the files to sales@zuggsoft.com so I can try to reproduce the issue here.

I'm not going to be able to release a public version until this is addressed, so please try to help. That's what Beta versions are for.
cosine_omerta
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:59 pm   

I'm having the same issue. I can't get it to resolve with a re-install.
danleh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:23 am   

I also did a re-install and removed all files from both my Program Files\CMUD as well as Documents & Settings\...\CMUD but still experiencing the same problem with digits showing up.

However, I did try to re-install an older version (2.37) just the same way and that works!
I'm sorry I can't remember what version I had upgraded to until the problem arise, my guess is 3.14 and when upgrading to 3.16 the problem arose.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:16 pm   

Email the files to sales@zuggsoft.com so I can try to reproduce the issue here.

Come on guys, send me the stuff I need to reproduce this. Just saying "I'm having the same issue" does me NO GOOD at all.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:32 pm   

I received the files that were sent. I'll take a look at them next week to see if I can reproduce this problem. Thanks.
danleh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:23 pm   

Has this issue been resolved in any update yet?

If not is there any way to upgrade to the 3.14 version?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:32 pm   

You mean "downgrade"? The 3.14 files are still at http://www.zuggsoft.com/files/cmud314_setup.exe if you need them. I still haven't been able to reproduce the issue yet. I'm out of town next week, so I'm not planning the next release until the end of the month. I'd still appreciate it if somebody could come up with a procedure for reproducing this from a blank session.
danleh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:03 pm   

Installing 3.14 works fine.

I get the problem with digits appearing on the command line whenever I update CMUD.
Without any configuration files or anything, just performing a completely new/clean install and then update it results in this problem.

I don't know if it would be of any help but if you could provide updates between 3.14 and the latest I could pinpoint to find at which update/version this error is introduced.
Private
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm   

When i installed 3.16b pro clean, i let it do a zmud import, i had this same problem

i wound up deleting the keys packages that came with cmud as my numpad is highly customized,,, that fixed it for me
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:19 pm   

Can you compare the XML for the numpad macro that comes with CMUD and doesn't work with your custom numpad macro that *does* work to try and determine what might be causing the problem. As I said several times, I am unable to reproduce this here, so I need more help to track this down. It's obviously a serious issue and I'd like to fix it for the next release, but it also seems related to importing specific zMUD files somehow.
lewellyn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:57 am   

I'm experiencing the same problem now. I'm emailing the packages in a few minutes.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:38 am   

OK, I'm out of town this week (at DrupalCON) but will check my email next week and let you know if I can reproduce it with your package.
killergate
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:15 am   

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. Numeric keypad outputting numbers to the command line while using keypad to move with.

Getting this in #debug when moving w/e with keypad4/6:

Code:
0.0006 | c  3Kingdom |exec : Macro "KEY4" : w
0.0003 | n  3Kingdom |Exec Macro "KEY4
0.0003 | c  3Kingdom |exec : Macro "KEY6" : e
0.0003 | n  3Kingdom |Exec Macro "KEY6"

- an offline session doesnt output text into command-line.

Removing the keypad/directions-package doesnt solve the problem.

/kg
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:42 pm   

Quote:
- an offline session doesnt output text into command-line.

Can the other people having this problem comment on this? I'm doing my testing offline so maybe that explains why I'm not seeing the problem.
Davos
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:09 pm   

Im having the same issues Zugg, yet can't seem to get an accurate reproduction of it. Also sometimes its happening and sometimes its not. At first I thought it was a focus issue but that didn't pan out. Its definatly happening a lot tho but not EVERY time. Ill keep looking.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:27 pm   

I've been trying stuff out to figure out a solution and I came to the conclusion that this problem has to do with how macros work in general.

I've tried modifying macros and creating new ones.
If I create any macro with a "printable" key (i.e. 1, A, -, ..) it will always get written down on the command line.
But, if the macro key is of a "non-printable" (F1, UP, DELETE, ..) key then it won't get written down on the command line.

I believe by only having "Send to MUD" checked it should not be written to the command line at all and "Append to Command" should write it there whether the command line is active or not.

Oh, and choosing "Work in offline mode" after quitting STILL prints the key on the command line (if it's printable).

For now I'll use my custom made movement macros with the non-printable keys (HOME, UP, PGUP, LEFT, RIGHT, END, DOWN, PGDN) which works fine for regular movement.
lewellyn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:31 pm   

I just tested how the macros work in offline mode. I still had the same problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: