Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:24 pm   

[314aB] - [316bB] Mapper no longer works

The mapper no longer creates rooms and it won't reconfigure or even create a new configuration. If this is attempted it may or may not create a new room, but whether it does or not it will always end up inserting a NW direction into the room. That is, if it adds a room, that room will have extra directions one of which will be NW. If it doesn't add a new room, it will add the NW direction to the current room. That is the most I can expect out of the configuration or reconfiguration, the addition of a single room, after that the mapper is basically dead. I've even pulled archived .zfg files that I know worked but they don't seem to make a difference. I've looked at the .zfg files and I don't see anything wrong with the info. I have no explanation for this, though I've noticed that the queue indicator doesn't seem to pick up the direction command. I've check the Location object and it seems to be fine. I've checked the map properties and it is set to creation with keyboard commands. So I don't know what else to do. There are many new areas that have been added to the MUD and can't map them in a reasonable time. I can manually create rooms and insert the data for the room (name, directions, exits, etc) but doing it that way will take forever. One telling factor is that the ACTION|LOOK does nothing. There is no telltale trigger delay while the information is being picked up by the mapper and no info is transfered to the room entry. Random blank rows are added to the ObjectTbl with the correct ObjId and ZoneID, but nothing else, not even a name.

Last edited by Anaristos on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:19 pm   

Try running the converter utility on the map. If Zugg's converter creates problems, you can also use ReedN's cmud_map_doctor perlscript utility
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:06 pm   

If you are going to use the Beta version, you MUST MUST keep up with the latest version. You posted this two days after the 3.16 version was released. The 3.14 map conversion had a serious bug that was fixed in 3.16. However, as mentioned in the version announcement, you need to reconvert your maps using 3.16 from a map database prior to 3.14. Any map created or converted with 3.14 is corrupted and will no longer work.

Don't know if it will fix your problem, but please do not post problems about previous beta versions.
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:59 am   

I un-installed and re-installed 3.14a. There was no indication that there was a version (normally, when one starts, it will tell you). I didn't even see a post of the new version when I posted the topic note.

NOTE: When I logged in to post the note, the announcement still had 3.14 as the new release.

NOTE: I don't see how I can re-convert the map file. My file was converted when the SQLite version went up. This is not a "new" map file.
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:49 am   

It's kind of hard to miss the 3.16 announcement at the top of the CMUD Beta forums.

You did no conversion of the map that was working before? And you don't have an old map from the .mdb days? If not, not sure there's much you can do about it, as it was only using the conversion that corrupted things.

By the way, people reported the mapper not working after Lasher made some changes regarding telnet options on Aardwolf. Reconfigure did manage to fix mine. You might consider updating to 3.16 and trying to reconfigure again. *shrug*

Charneus
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:07 am   

No, it's not hard to miss, that why I didn't miss it. When I wrote the post, it said 3.14. In fact, I was considering going to 3.15, but decided to wait (this was never announced, you had to read the particular post to know it existed). I converted my map when cmud went to SQlite. I still have my old *.mdb version (c. release 2.37 iirc). But converting that to SQlite and using it will cause me the loss about 1K+ rooms. I've been adding rooms since the new format went in, lots of rooms. Besides, it worked just fine until I installed 3.14a. Though going back to 3.14 didn't make it start working again.
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:46 am   

I almost missed it myself, it seems the newest version isn't showing up for the 'Check For New Version' option. You have to manually download it from the zuggsoft site, or at least, I did. So, go ahead and give that a try with 3.16a and check to see if the map still doesn't work.
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:35 am   

3.16 was released on the 26th. It is the first stickied line on this forum. Yes, it is not showing on Check For New Version within CMUD (though Zugg usually tries to wait until any major bugs are found before making that see the version).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: