Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Kurapiira
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:03 am   

zmud7.21 automapper portal help?

HI,

I'm thinking of buying zmud, but not sure ...
I'm trying the mapper, but can't get it to do some things.

My mud has many exits...gate , arch , mirror, etc
the command to go Thru them is...go arch , go gate...

How would I set up the mapper to do this please?

If one already has Zmud, is it worth it to get Zmapper?

Thanks for any help, 9 days left on my trial.

K.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:41 am   

You sort of don't set anything up. When mapping, instead of just typing in "go arch" you would use the MapDir character (>) which takes two parameters--the specific command to use and the direction you want the room to be created in. If you do not specify the direction, the mapper will build the room where %lastdir says.

>go arch>w
>go green arch>e

You would use this in most cases to complete the return link, but some situations exist where you will have to hand-edit the directions tab of the Room Properties window:

1)sometimes you might GO ARCH to get to a room, but then go in a normal direction to return. Doing this will not properly complete the link pair and you will end up with 1 incomplete exit and 1 complete link pair.

2)sometimes a link pair will traverse across two different directions, for example you might GO ARCH to the west and then return via some exit that goes to the south. ZMud has never had the capacity to automatically handle this sort of link, so what I usually do is to create the link in the link-pair direction I know the return exit to be and then hand-edit the proper exit to the proper directional orientation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: