Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Chris_3413
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:58 am   

Mapper and Teleporting

I'm sure there must be hundreds of threads similar, but I just can seem to find them.
What I want to be able to do is make the mapper teleport me to my new room whenever I go through some form of Portal with a non-fixed destination eg rifts in midkemia online.
I can capturing the new room name into a variable and had thought to use %MAPQUERY to get the rooms number and then use that in the #TELEPORT command but I know next to nothing about SQL and cant seem to use a variable in an SQL statement (I can make %MAPQUERY work fin by itself with a normal string, just not a variable)

Am I going about this the wrong way and if so what solutions are out there?

EDIT: sorry, meant %mapquery not #mapquery.. modified
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:30 pm   

The trick is that the %mapquery argument needs to be a string. If the variable is inside the quotes, it won't be evaluated. The best way to produce a string like this is with the %concat() function, like this, from one of my scripts:
Code:
$zonerooms = %mapquery(%concat("ZoneID = ", $zone))

Sometimes you can get away with _implicit_ concatenation, such as: "test"@testvar. But the best way to be sure your string is being put together the way you intend is using the %concat() function.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: