Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:39 am   

[3.14a] Window settings annoyance

Just a stylistic element, but it is extremely annoying to have to go to the "advanced" tab every time I want to do something minor such as put in connection details or disable the command line, especially because the default options with the info about hitting the "+" sign to expand my settings takes up such a minuscule amount of space
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:41 am   

You can quickly disable a command line by right-clicking on a window and selecting it from the Window Options submenu.

The reason all of those things were moved to the "advanced" tab is because the Window settings is the first thing that any new CMUD user sees when they open the settings editor, and it was too confusing and overwhelming for a lot of novice users.

It really shouldn't be a big deal to add one extra mouse click for advanced users, so I do not plan to change this. Especially since those are not options you should normally be changing very often. I have to balance the power and convenience of power users with the needs of the novice users.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: