Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion
IainMac
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:02 am   

[3.12] New session not connecting

Starting from the Main Window (not the Sessions GUI) I can connect to a server using the Sessions drop down list button. When I try to launch the same server using the same mechanism it does not auto connect and sets the focus back to the original window.

I have also seen it where the new window does not appear and I have to go into the settings editor to turn on the "Visible" flag to make it appear, but I have not got a test case for that yet.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:37 pm   

I was not able to reproduce this. Can you give me a step-by-step procedure? Here is what I did:

1) Run TeSSH. Close the Session window
2) Click the arrow to the right of the Session button on the toolbar and select a session ("Zuggsoft" in my case). The session opens and connects.
3) Click the arrow to the right of the Session button again and select the same "Zuggsoft" session again. The session opens and now I have two tabs for the two sessions.
4) I can even click the arrow next to the session button, then select "New Connection Window" and then select the "zuggsoft.com" server name and it opens in a 3rd tab.
IainMac
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:22 pm   

Ok you can ignore this one.

I moved my TeSSH directory out of the way, reimported my PuTTY sessions and it all works fine now. Must have corrupted something along the way. Anything I can check to see what went wrong, or should I just ignore and see if it happens again ?
IainMac
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:29 pm   

Just noticed that if you use the "New Connection Window" option on the Sessions button and select an IP address it makes the window title the numbers up to the first dot e.g. if the IP address is 192.168.1.1 then the windows title would be 192.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:53 pm   

Added to bug list
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:21 am   

Correction: I actually couldn't reproduce this. How exactly did you add the IP address to the session window? I selected New Connection, then just entered an IP address (192.168.0.1) in the host field and 23 in the port field. Then I exited CMUD and restarted, closed the Session window, then went to the "New Connection Window" option of the "Sessions" button and selected the 192.168.0.1 entry and the window it created had the correct window name.

So please try to give me the step-by-step procedure to reproduce this one.
IainMac
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:01 am   

Steps I did to reproduce this are:
- Start off with a clean TeSSH install (no imported settings).
- Import your PuTTY sessions.

If you now look at your "New Connection Window" list you will see that it displays the sessions "<host field> <port number>", not the session title.

Clicking on one of those entries displays the issue.

From the Sessions GUI if you go in and edit a session, but do not change anything, then save changes and look back in the "New Connection Window" list it has changed to "<title> (<host field> <port number>)", which gives the proper windows title when connecting.
IainMac
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:33 am   

Just noticed 3.13 was out so retried this and problem is slightly different.

On the first session connect you get the hostname as the window title but repeating the same session connect it truncates the windows title again. After the login GUI, if you try and click into the new session it crashes with the following stack trace:
Code:

operating system  : Windows XP Service Pack 3 build 2600
system language   : English
system up time    : 3 days 2 hours
program up time   : 42 seconds
processors        : 2x Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz
physical memory   : 1747/3071 MB (free/total)
free disk space   : (C:) 56.84 GB
display mode      : 1280x1024, 32 bit
process id        : $12e4
allocated memory  : 28.66 MB
executable        : TeSSH.exe
exec. date/time   : 2010-01-30 04:45
version           : 3.13.0.0
compiled with     : BCB 2006/07
madExcept version : 3.0k
contact name      : Iain Maclean
callstack crc     : $3a596f07, $74991893, $74991893
exception number  : 1
exception class   : EInvalidOperation
exception message : Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window.

Main ($232c):
004a827a +06e TeSSH.exe  Forms              TCustomForm.SetActiveControl
0072abcb +147 TeSSH.exe  aqDocking 2561 +38 TaqInsideContainer.UpdateCurrentTabIndex
0072ad36 +00a TeSSH.exe  aqDocking 2619  +1 TaqInsideContainer.SetCurrentTabIndex
0072a4ce +1ea TeSSH.exe  aqDocking 2333 +59 TaqInsideContainer.MouseDown
004c0142 +076 TeSSH.exe  Controls           TControl.DoMouseDown
004c0190 +040 TeSSH.exe  Controls           TControl.WMLButtonDown
004bfb67 +2bb TeSSH.exe  Controls           TControl.WndProc
004c3b6b +4fb TeSSH.exe  Controls           TWinControl.WndProc
004c3294 +02c TeSSH.exe  Controls           TWinControl.MainWndProc
0047d664 +014 TeSSH.exe  Classes            StdWndProc
7e4196c2 +00a USER32.dll                    DispatchMessageA
004ae240 +0fc TeSSH.exe  Forms              TApplication.ProcessMessage
004ae27a +00a TeSSH.exe  Forms              TApplication.HandleMessage
004ae56f +0b3 TeSSH.exe  Forms              TApplication.Run
00f2aa10 +088 TeSSH.exe  TeSSH      317 +20 initialization
7c912c21 +069 ntdll.dll                     RtlUnicodeStringToAnsiString
IainMac
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:43 am   

After a bit more digging it seems the above stack trace only happens when using the "New Connection Window" list and not the normal Sessions button list. Also of note is that when using the "New Connection Window" list it ALWAYS displays the username and password dialogue even though those entries are already in the session properties (normal Session button list autologs you in).
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:09 pm   

Quote:
Also of note is that when using the "New Connection Window" list it ALWAYS displays the username and password dialogue even though those entries are already in the session properties (normal Session button list autologs you in).

That is correct. Perhaps it is not clear what the "New Connection Window" is for. If you just click on the Session toolbar dropdown, you will see a list of all of your *Sessions*. The additional list shown in the "New Connection Window" submenu is a list of *hosts*.

A *Session* has a saved username, password, scripts, window layout, packages, etc.
A *Host* is just a hostname and port...nothing else.

The idea behind the "New Connection Window" list was to let you connect another window to a specific host/IP address without needing to create a whole new Session for it. If you want to save the username, password, etc, then you need to make and save a real session icon for it.

I wasn't able to reproduce the crash you showed above, and the crash looks like it is coming from the window layout module. That suggests that the *.XLY layout file for the first session that you opened might be corrupted. Try holding down the SHIFT key when connecting to the first session to force TeSSH to create a fresh layout file for it to see if that helps.
IainMac
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:26 pm   

Zugg wrote:
I wasn't able to reproduce the crash you showed above, and the crash looks like it is coming from the window layout module. That suggests that the *.XLY layout file for the first session that you opened might be corrupted. Try holding down the SHIFT key when connecting to the first session to force TeSSH to create a fresh layout file for it to see if that helps.

Holding down the shift key sorted the crash.

But I still see the truncated hostname field, for the second and following connected sessions, with the first session always displaying the full hostname/IP address.

Thinking about it, showing "forums" when you connect to "forums.zuggsoft.com" looks ok, but showing "192" when you connect to "192.168.1.1" looks a bit odd.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:09 am   

Yeah, the original purpose for removing the text after the period was to convert zMUD sessions like "MySession.mud" into just "MySession". I wasn't able to track this down last week, but I'll give it another try.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:43 am   

I think I found the bug causing the window name to be set to "192" and have fixed it for the next version. When testing this, I found another bug when making multiple connections to the same server that should also be fixed.

I also renamed "New Connection Window" to "New Host Connection" to see if that is more obvious.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: