Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
xXDELKARRXx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:14 pm   

zMUD COM question

I've spent 2 days searching for the answer to this...lol. Hopefully it's at least half clear. :)

I'm attempting, unsuccessfully, to create an instance of zMUD in C++. Could someone more knowledgeable in the subject than I post an example of how to accomplish this? Here is an example of what I'm trying to do:

Code:

CLSID clsid;
    UUID uuid;
    IzMUDObject    *pZmud;

hr = CLSIDFromProgID(L"Zmud.Application", &clsid);

UuidFromString((unsigned char *)(LPCTSTR)"<i've used a lot of these! :P>",&uuid);

hr = CoCreateInstance(clsid, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, uuid, (void**)&pZmud);

pZmud->EchoStr("test", 4);

pZmud->Release;

CoUninitialize();

Is IzMUDObject the right one to use? IApplication? I...anything? Question I'm not very experienced in this process...yet! :)

NOTE: If I do not include the pZmud->EchoStr line, it compiles and runs...but that doesn't necessarily mean anything positive nor it it very useful at all! :)
xXDELKARRXx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:11 am   

I'm going to ultimately use it for cMUD, but I have done this in VB6 before on zMUD so I started there. If anyone knows the exact CLSID and UUID to use in CoCreateInstance, I'd love to hear that! Any tidbits are appreciated!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: