Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion
IainMac
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:34 pm   

[3.12] Should TeSSH be supporting MSP and MXP

As the title says should TeSSH support the MSP and MXP protocols ?

I am asking this as the option for both protocols are still in the Preferences GUI and I do not think the Target audience for TeSSH will know what those protocols are for.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:14 pm   

I don't think there is a need for MSP but there are definite advantages to client side MXP. I have developed several menu driven and clickable systems using triggers and MXP.
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:01 pm   

I agree with Tech, MXP should definately remain. I use it to create menu driven systems as well.

MSP probably isn't needed though I don't see any reason to remove it, aside from perhaps removing clutter.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:31 pm   

Yeah, I thought about that too. As people have mentioned, MXP is *very* useful for client-side scripting. The MSP might be useful for triggering local sounds since it has more options than just the #PLAY command, so it's possible that somebody might use it for local scripting. I just didn't see a very compelling reason to remove it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: