Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
wildsylvan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:00 pm   

Trouble with Zmud mapper and Wierd rooms.

I've gone through about 100 web sites trying to find this answer or some help with my problem. I recently started playing a mud called New Worlds. I have worked the mapper before on other muds and have not had a problem that I couldn't figure out on my own. The room descriptions are set up weird here and there is not a prompt.

Here are some examples.

Quote:
Gardens of the Duchess - Pond

Standing south of the waterfall you can see a small stream leading from the
foaming falls to the large pond that fills the area in front of you. The pond
is deep enough for fresh water trout to swim in and large considering the
garden area it is in. Toward the east you can see the amphi theater and castle.

A small wooden dock rests right against the water of the pond and is surrounded
by soft green grass. A pebble path leads south to the entry of the gardens.

Obvious exits : north and south.

Quote:
Vegetable Garden of the Duchess

The vegetable garden is a richly soiled ground that has been carefully
prepared to for planting vegetable seeds that are purchased at the shack. This
magical garden has been created by Druids of Ateraan to grow a garden type
vegetable that can be sold to the caretaker. If you have a seed you can plant
it here and hope that it grows into a garden vegetable.

To the east is the pumpkin patch built for the Annual Pumpkin Festival.

Obvious exits : southwest and east.

Quote:
Market Street

Merchants lounge to the west, observing the world go by, shrewdly picking
out potential customers from the crowd of rich and poor. The rumble of voices
raise in volume to the east along merchant street. The air is humid, and
slightly dusty. Several large guards stand behind the entrance to the
Merchant's Den.

The indulgently opulent Merchants Den lies to the west.

The highly acclaimed Merchants Street lies to the east.

Obvious exits : north, south, east and west.

As you can see the room format changes. On 'normal' looking rooms the mapper works iffty still, I have to mess with the name paragraph - under room name.
I have put 'Obvious exits' in the "exit line keyword" and checked on the exits line contains key, and even tried it with exits after keyword' 98% of the time, it still doesn't pick up the exits and if it does, it is getting the room name backwards and picking it up from inside the room desc itself. I had orginally turned off 'room descriptions' but it seems to work better when I have them turned on.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can map these ever changing rooms.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:25 pm   

#variable movetext {n|s|e|w|u|d}
#trigger "tRoomInfo" {^{@movetext}$} {#noop this is for anchoring the rest of the room-capture so we can have a known starting point}
#condition {^[%x%s]$} {#tag name;Rdesc = ""} {within|param=1}
#condition {^$} {#noop the blank line between name and description, if it's not always there this state can be removed}
#condition {^(*)}$} {#noop possible interference from special characters;#if (%begins("%1","Obvious")) {#noop description's finished;#tag desc %expandlist(@Rdesc,%cr);#tag exit "%1";#state tRoomInfo 0} {#noop part of the description;Rdesc = %additem("%1",@Rdesc)}} {manual}

Not tested at all, and it's entirely dependant on @movetext, so if something new happens that's not in @movetext it won't capture the room.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:12 pm   

Seemed like it was working at first, But then the mapper went back to being weird.

Maybe I am setting up the config on 'room exits' All exits are always listed as Obvious exits or exit,
I have checked the box "exit after keyword" right now i have listed "obvious exits : " Have I done this wrong?

Also, Room names seem to always be in the same color, is there a way to have the mapper pick up that color rather than me having to go manually into it and setting the Name Paragraph every time it goes over 3?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:43 am   

There is a prompt in New Worlds. > is a prompt. Prompts don't have to be useful things full of numbers and conveniently-placed nuggets of information.

check the ANSI trigger checkbox for the below #TRIGGER.
#trigger {^%e~[ansi code for bright greenm[%x%s]$} {#tag name;RDesc = ""}

In CMud, you can just copy the colored piece of text and paste it into the pattern box after you checked the Ansi trigger checkbox. I don't think that's a functionality in ZMud, so you'll have to go into Preferences and disable ansi emulation, do something to show room info, then return preferences back to normal in order to get the ansi code.

Other than the #TAG name #condition, the rest of the #condition can be attached to the above trigger as-is. From there, another condition that matches on ^> for the prompt (set this to trigger on prompt rather than trigger on newline) is needed for any of the other #TAG usages to work.

Finally, when the trigger is working properly and you're ready to map, run the reconfigure wizard so that the mapper will use the info from this #TAG trigger.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:10 am   

alright, well i still can't get it to work, but i guess it isn't to much of a big deal. I wanted to come back and thank you for trying:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: