Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum Goto page Previous  1, 2
jonhutch01 Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:01 pm
[3.12] Telnet and Automapping (bug?)
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:15 pm   

You need to change the room names stored in your map so that they have the proper capitalization (first letter capitalized).
jonhutch01
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:19 pm   

That was on a fresh map. The rooms had just been created when I tried to go back over them. I thought that trigger was supposed to fix the capitalization. If not, then what should I do?

Thank you (everyone) so much for helping me with this. This community is wonderful! :)

Edit: Also ticked the option to use proper casing in the configuration menu. Didn't help. Should I post a video of what's happening? Would it help any at all?

Edit2: Ok I went ahead and made the video anyways. Let me suggest turning it up to HQ though so you can actually SEE the text.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4IpLRzBAFY
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:18 am   

Check in the settings, under the map. Is there a trigger with that room name when you try and enter the room? Is it enabled or disabled? Does it look like it would actually match that room name?
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:51 am   

Check what the mapper is telling you the room name is. If you mapped it without that trigger originally, it will have made the first letter of the room name in lower case. This won't be changed after you change the trigger for the room name per gamma_ray. I had to go back and change all my room names (I already had around 3000) to get those first words to match. gamma's trigger is mainly for mapping, so that the mapper records the room name correctly.
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:54 am   

Nix that, I know why. When you reconfigured it changed what it detected the prompt as again. Change that back to what I mentioned earlier.
jonhutch01
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:04 pm   

That seems to have done it! I've just started testing it mapping wise. I'll let you know if it's working now. I'll post the steps of what I did too, so others will know! :)
Chris_3413
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:34 pm   

Interestingly, I eventually managed to get mapping to work correctly in MKO and give rooms proper case when mapping them without any fancy triggers just by tweaking various setting till I got something that worked.. of course the trouble with that is I have no idea which settings might break it again if I did more tweaking, though if anyones interested i can run through each setting and tell you what its set for
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:12 pm   

You are even getting the first word capitalized? I know Avasyu is working on getting the IRE muds to fix things like this, but MKO still is sending the room name ATCP message with the first word in lower case.
Avasyu
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:42 pm   

This should be fixed now. The Room.Brief should now be capitalized properly.
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:17 pm   

I just started playing on Midkemia and I don't get ANY room info via ATCP at all. The only thing I receive is the Char.Vitals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: