Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
basooza

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:03 am   

Deja Vu with Configuration Problems

I am having problems with the CMUD Automapper. I have done extensive mapping in the past with ZMUD, but am running into some difficulties getting everything configured.

For one, the auto configuration doesn't work for the MUD I'm playing, or at least doesn't tell me it's working correctly. At the end of the configuration, it supposedly highlights the room exits in red, however, it doesn't do this; the exits are green (labeled as description). Despite this I can map the world fairly well- as long as I never return to a room I was in previously. CMUD doesn't follow me when I return to a previous room. I have looked through the configuration settings and tried many variations of them, but to no avail. I have even attempted to import the configuration settings I used in ZMUD, but the problem persisted.

Any help would be appreciated.
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:52 am   

Which MUD?
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:14 pm   

How are rooms recognizable? I would set up triggers to #tag the name and exits.
basooza

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:57 pm   

I'm currently trying to configure CMUD for Midkemia Online, but it's effectively identical to Achaea (and possibly the other IRE games) when it comes to rooms.

The lines received when entering a room can range quite a bit, from

Outside a closed armor shop.
You see exits leading west and east.

Which has nothing but a simple room name and exits, to

Sar-Sargoth Central Square.
The ominous power of the Dark Path sings out to your soul in this forsaken
place. A fragile looking pot of bright red clay is here. A shrine to Lims-Kragma
is here in the form of a large marble yew tree. The sharp blade of an ornate
poniard glints in the light. A rapier has been left here. A blowfly buzzes about
the room here. There are 3 young rats here. Thaumaturge Temig Tal'Nian is here.
Radakail is here. He wields an iron warhammer in both hands. Tonni D'Turano is
here. He wields an ornate steel poniard in his left hand and an ornate steel
poniard in his right.
You see exits leading northwest, west, south, southeast, east, and north.

The nice part about IRE's games is that you can configure the colors, and so I've set everything up so that the room name, description, and exits all are displayed in unique colors. I did this in an attempt to use ANSI triggers with the #TAG command, but I'm a little confused as to the specifics. The room name, for example, has no special characteristics other than its color. After enabling ANSI and Line Color, would I just use a single wildcard as the name of the trigger, and then #TAG Name %1?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:28 pm   

You could, but then your map would record that ansi color and your map would stop working entirely if you decided to change it. Ansi color codes can be pattern matched, so if you want to make your mapfile color-neutral use a pattern like so:

^%e~[[%d;]mpattern to match roomname text

However, doesn't IRE use that ATCP stuff for sending room info?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:49 pm   

Quite possibly. I dropped the ANSI color option, and have just been working with line color. This seems to help, but I'm still not quite there.

A very odd thing now happens. When I run the auto-configuration with my new triggers, everything is properly detected, and a viable room is created (CMUD follows correctly, etc). However, after making no changes whatsoever, I run into problems trying to map. The rooms I create have the correct exits and roomname, but CMUD downright refuses to follow me when I enter them. The only difference I can discern between the rooms created when using the configuration wizard and those I create while mapping normally is that the first letter of the viable rooms is capitalized correctly. Indeed, manually changing the first letter of the roomname to a capital fixes the problem. I have no idea what causes CMUD to treat rooms created with the wizard differently from others.
basooza

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:39 pm   

Fixed problem, thanks to a previous discussion that can be found here: http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=152914
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: