Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
zannai
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:05 pm   

[3.12] map conversion failure

the first failure indicated that i must take my old map and run it in zmud 7.21 before using it in CMUD. I did this. Then I got a failure converting the map, on Favtbl, trying to create an index on parent id. I then took my map and compared it with a new created map from zmud 7.21, to make sure all fields were in the same order, sizes, etc. It still fails on this index creation.

Last edited by zannai on Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:57 pm   

What version of zMUD were you converting from? Did you converted zMUD map work properly under zMUD 7.21? Did you make any custom additions to the map database?
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:21 am   

I attempted an up grade from cmud current release, to the latest beta. when i got the error, i installed zmud in a virtual machine, and opened the map. I've made no modifications to the map, it works in cmud, and zmud, but doesn't convert- and fails on this attemp to make an index on the Favtbl parent id. The map is a common shared map of Wotmud-- so there may be WOTMUDers that have had similar issues converting, I don't know

this seems to be related: http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33753
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:58 pm   

If you have a map file that fails to convert, please email it to sales@zuggsoft.com and include a reference to this post or other information on the exact conversion error that you are getting.
Obyron
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:51 am   

Just to chime in that I had the same bug converting a Zmud map in 3.10a, except mine pooped out at ZoneTbl. Documented:

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33813

I rolled back to 3.08 and was able to convert the map with no problems.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:17 pm   

As I said, please email me any map file that doesn't convert properly. Without the files, I can't do much to fix this.
zannai
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:53 pm   

Thanks I had actually posted the same problem months ago, but for some reason got no response- I wanted to send the map file to someone for trouble shooting.

I've sent an email, with a link to download the 24mb file
zannai
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:36 pm   

zannai wrote:
Thanks I had actually posted the same problem months ago, but for some reason got no response- I wanted to send the map file to someone for trouble shooting.

I've sent an email, with a link to download the 24mb file
Did you have any success converting my map file?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:43 pm   

I never received the email that you are talking about. Please send the download link again to sales@zuggsoft.com.
zannai
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:15 am   

Zugg wrote:
I never received the email that you are talking about. Please send the download link again to sales@zuggsoft.com.

Just following up- did you get the link? I sent it on 10/22
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:40 pm   

Nope, I never received any map file, nor any message with any link in it.

Have you tried your map conversion in the 3.12 version? Several bugs were fixed lately that effected this issue.
zannai
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:51 pm   re: mailing--

I've sent a total of 3 emails to sales@zuggsoft.com-- shouldn't it be support@zuggsoft.com?
You've said you're not getting them so I'm wondering why. *shrugs helplessly*
I sent another email just now to both addresses with the .mdb map file included thanks

zannai
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:49 am   

Try to send your map from another your e-mail address: Wolfpaw.net has pretty big domain black list. And put "CMUD" in front of your message subject.
-#SECTION can terminate threads
-Buttons can't start threads
zannai
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:39 pm   3.12 map conversion failure too

Zugg wrote:
Nope, I never received any map file, nor any message with any link in it.

Have you tried your map conversion in the 3.12 version? Several bugs were fixed lately that effected this issue.

I tried to install the 3.12 version, and it failed on the same thing-- I help alot of folks with CMUD on wotmud, and would like to get this resolved- My map is used by many.

Using the bug report feature, I sent in the bug report with a clip of the screen.

I've sent an email again with CMUD in the subject to sales@zuggsoft.com with the map file attached. If someone can get it converted, and can tell me what to fix in the file so it will convert for me that would be fantastic!! Very Happy

I also uploaded it to mediafire, and you can download it here http://www.mediafire.com/?gyujzmoooix

thanks in advance for any help on this
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:53 pm   

I received the map file via email. But I'm not going to be able to look into this until after the holidays, sorry.
avidal
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:59 pm   

Zugg, have you had a chance to look at this map yet? I happen to use the same map and I've wanted to get it converted to sqlite for other reasons (a browseable online map using the google maps API). I tried just going from the mdb to a more sane, linux-friendly db server, but have had no luck, so I was hoping to use the sqlite format.

edit: Heh, I'm back at work starting today so I didn't even stop to consider that your (and most other people) definition of 'holidays' lasts throughout the new year. I'll keep this thread bookmarked and hopefully you'll be able to provide a hand.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:50 pm   

I was able to reproduce the conversion bug. Seems to be a problem converting the Favorites table in the database. I don't see any workaround for this, so you'll need to be patient and wait for the next beta release later this month. I should be able to fix it for the next release now that I have your map file to test it with. Thanks for sending it.
avidal
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:18 pm   

Cool, thanks.
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:10 pm   

What's stored in the favorites table? I don't recall having data in mine.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:35 pm   

You can open a Favorites/Zone panel on the left side of the mapper. You can right-click on rooms and add them to your Favorites to quickly jump around a large multi-zone map. It's not a feature that very many people use.
zannai
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:11 pm   

Awesome, Thanks Zugg. I use the zone panel all the time, as I believe most do with this map, but I dont have anything in the favorites(that shows anyway)

Zannai
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:33 pm   

Nice, didn't realize that existed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: