Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
demoneyoungblood
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:41 pm   

SSH Echo after return

I am very seriously considering purchasing a few copies of cmud pro since it has ssh capabilities. Would be the most advanced ssh client on the market and a really good price.. One thing that is driving me nuts while testing is that after I press enter, im getting a secondary echo, including when a password is entered... not sure what setting im missing, but would love to make it so i dont see a secondary echo, and would love to see it mask passwords..

Thanks
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:00 pm   

1)you can turn off the command echo in Preferences. There are other ways if you're inputting via trigger/etc.

2)the password masking is probably predicated on there being a password in the password field of the Session Properties. Barring that, you can just make a trigger to match all your passwords and have it gag/sendraw those (sendraw doesn't echo anything to the screen).
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:29 pm   

Also, you should try using TeSSH rather than CMUDPro (unless you really need the mapper and other MUD stuff). The defaults for TeSSH are different than CMUDPro and TeSSH will automatically activate the Character Mode that most people are familiar with in Telnet/SSH clients. When typing into the main window using Character Mode you shouldn't see the extra echo.

As Matt said, if you fill in the Username for an SSH session but leave the password field blank, then CMUD will prompt you for the password in a popup window with the password field masked.
demoneyoungblood
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:34 pm   

Had looked for TeSSH thinking it was a seperate product, but when looking at the menu navs, it wasn't listed. Due to the topics all being CmudPro/TeSSH, i figured it was a combination project. Now that I went to the actual downloads *page*, I found it. I dont need the mapper, but having ssh availability via the mud client im paying for is a major bonus. Saves from having to purchase two different products.
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:49 pm   

The license for TeSSH and CMUDPro are currently the same, so you can go ahead and enter your CMUDPro license into TeSSH and it should work. You don't need to purchase both products. I'm giving CMUDPro users TeSSH for free right now to encourage more beta testing.
demoneyoungblood
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:52 pm   

Ahh. Ill be picking them up then. Didn't realize that. Thanks Zugg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: