Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ithilion
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:59 am   

#class..

Why is it if somebody is trying to actively convert a zMUD script to cMUD using an open class folder direct into command line, all variables "bleed" into the class folder, even though they've been pre-defined?

I find it easier to edit via that method, dunno why, I just do. I know there's the editor, et al.. I'm just wondering why this is happening..
DanteX
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:14 am   

with "all variables", do you mean variables from other scripts that are running in parallel in the background?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:25 pm   

Not at all sure what you mean. However, if you are using the #class command on the command line, that will set your default class from then until you change it. Is that the problem? If it isn't, you'll have to explain exactly what you mean.
Ithilion
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:11 pm   

Erm, gah, I forgot about this topic.. Yah, to both, it's "not a problem".. just wondering why it is happening.. I mean, shouldn't they go to their folders if already defined..?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:49 pm   

The #NEWVAR command forces a variable to be created in the same folder as an Alias instead of in the "current" class folder. If the variable already exists, then it should be used properly unless the class folder containing the variables is disabled.

If you are still having trouble with this, you'll need to give us a specific script example that is causing you trouble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: