Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
hadar
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:32 pm   

is there an automated way

ok so i run the below code, for now it works, just not what i want it to fully do, i want it once i click the link it sends me there, i tryed #exec and anythin i can think of (oh btw this is running in a second window)

Code:
#var moblistsub %null
#var replacingprefex %null
#var prefixreplace %null
moblistsub = %addItem( %lower( %1), @moblistsub)
#forall @moblistsub {#additem replacingprefex {%replace(%trim(%lower(%i)),"the","a")}}
#forall @replacingprefex {#additem prefixreplace {%replace(%trim(%lower(%i)),"a","")}}
#sub {@forestgreen("You still have to kill * ")@lightgreen(%1) @gold("(")~<send href~='#input {%db(@areacaptrue, %2)}'~>%2~</send~>@gold(")")}
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:35 pm   

try using the #URL command instead of #input. I forget if it's a beta command or not, but I don't think so.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:34 pm   

#url opens up a new webpage for me, from from what i want :P, im trying to get the path sent to the mud not FF
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:38 pm   

Ah, I see. Try #SEND.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:51 pm   

does not work #send and #exec send .pathname to the mud insted of parsing it as a path
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:51 pm   

Maybe try #SLOW or #WALK.
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:55 am   

I have this same problem as well. Something in 3.12 caused the paths to stop working for me as well. This is my script which use to work:

#if (@mlist.%1) {#additem missionwalk @mlist.%1;#sub {"<send '#walk "@mlist.%1";mission scout'>"%1"</send>" : incomplete}} {notinmissionlist=1;#if (@forsake = 0) {#class 0;forsake=1;#lua {zs.var.forsaketime=os.time(t)+1810}}}

mlist contained the room nums, clicking did a #walk to those rooms, now it just sends that path.
hadar
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:51 am   

ok so your saying its 3.12 and there is nothing i can do, swll looks like ill just keep it on an input untill its fixed thanks
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:23 pm   

If you're trying to do that from a second window, Chris, 3.12 is broken in two regards:

1)the mapper is only looking in the main window for locations. If you move the location out to a module, the mapper will simply create a new location back inside the main window and use that instead.

2)scope is applied to commands, and since nothing outside of a window can see stuff inside it, commands trying to access the tracked mapper location can't see the location. Ergo, they return null results and appear to do nothing.

This might also apply to every still-active beta version, but it shouldn't be an issue with the general version.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:27 pm   

a simply script like
Code:
#pr newrepopmessage "Enter the message EXACTLY as it appears"
#pr repopareaname "Enter the name of the area"
#action {^@newrepopmessage$} {repshow @repopareaname} {RepopMessages}

wont work in the beta but worked before the beta, is this susposta be correct (sorry for the piggie back did not feel like opening a new topic)
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:34 pm   

Looks okay to me. And it's best to start new topics so that when we go back to look for the message we have a reasonably good idea where it is.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:46 pm   

here we go to resurface, i had this line working

#sub {@forestgreen("You still have to kill * ")@lightgreen(%1) @gold("(")~<send href~='#input {%db(@areacaptrue, %2)}'~>%2~</send~>@gold(")")}

but sense i have moved to the betas it just sends everything to the main session window so it will try to send #input {.areaname} insted of how it use to work by putting .areaname in my command line so i could hit enter and just run there, and if i just change it to <send href~='%db(@areacaptrue, %2)'~> it will just send .areaname to the mud
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:44 pm   

Problems with the Beta version should be posted in the Beta forum, not here.

This may be related to an already-known bug in v3.14, which you can learn about by reading that forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: