Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Lasivian
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:46 pm   

Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to author.

Yes, I know this was once connected to AOL anti-spyware, but it just popped up on me.

I apparently got invaded by some nasty spyware, after a dozen scans and reboots and alot of file editing by hand my system is clean again, except for this error (Which popped up immediately once I first realized I had a spyware issue, no chance of coincidence)

I am not running any new processes or anti-spyware programs now that I was not running happily with Zmud before (Malwarebytes and spybot, I got this error before they were updated, and after they were updated, and I have both programs running on another box that is almost identical and runs Zmud just fine)

I need to know exactly what causes this error so I can deal with it please.

If the answer is "Ask Silicon Realms, it's something to do with Software passport" then I need you to go ask them how to fix this, because they won't talk to me.

Thanks.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:21 pm   

What version of Windows are you using?

As you already mentioned, this usually means you have some sort software running at the same time as zMUD that is interfering with the copy protection. AOL and Computer Associates anti-spyware used to trigger this, but that was many years ago.

However, this error can also happen if you have a virus on your computer that has modified the ZMUD.EXE file itself. If the checksum of the EXE file has changed, then you will get this error. So you might also want to delete your zMUD files and reinstall (after making a backup).

Unfortunately, it's definitely something very specific to your computer, so it's hard to help much more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: