Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Wilnocerus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:57 pm   

Command Line Missing Help

Hello, I recently bought CMUD and uploaded my system from ZMUD onto it. For some reason, the command prompt line is missing. I have tried everything from going into preferences and messing with the command line settings to searching for similar post problems but nothing seems to work. Either it is something really simple (I seem to be the only one having this problem) or its something more. I am fairly new to Mudding and programming in general and a little help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!
Jorville
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:07 pm   

did you try right clicking in the window and and going to window options and clicking show command line?
Wilnocerus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:11 pm   

Thanks for the reply. I just tried that and nothing happened... And I was really hoping that was the solution... Any other ideas?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:09 pm   

Toolbar reset. Essentially, yours broke and this breakage is going to persist through any sort of layout reset. An option should be found somewhere in the menu system, but if you can't find it or if my memory is wrong the equivalent action is to delete the associated .tbz files (if you have doubts about particular files, simply rename them). CMud will recreate these using default values, and therefore will fix whatever parts got broked.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:41 pm   

ok, thanks, ill give it a try
Wilnocerus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:10 am   

I renamed all of the TBZ files. I take it the TBZ file that CMUD automatically remakes is the one I use in my system. That didn's seem to work. The command promp line is still missing. I could not find where the toolbar reset was located. Any more ideas on how to fix this?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:34 am   

For some reason I thought you had said you'd tried the layout reset already. I think there's an option under the Layout menu, but if not just hold the SHIFT button down when you click the connect/offline button to open up your session. This will bring back your command line, and will essentially bypass your existing layout. This prevents the bad layout data from entering and thereby causing problems, but this does mean you will have to set your windows back to where you wanted them.

I'm in the habit of not trusting the autosaver feature when I do the SHIFT trick (it's a holdover from in the 0.x days when the autosaver was quite unreliable), so when I have things back the way I want them I use #SAVE to force the saving then and there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:10 pm   

ok, that worked for me but it created a new problem. How do I get my actual system (including buttons I have created) back into the session. It reset the system and the command line is now back but my customized system is now missing from the online session. Any suggestions? Thanks again
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:40 pm   

Now that your layout is no longer damaged, you can move things, add your buttons, etc., just as you did the first time. When you have it set up, click Layout|Save Session Layout to be sure your new layout is saved.

Sorry there isn't an easy way to get your layout back. Once your layout is corrupted like that, you have to get replace the layout files (which is what the shift-button trick does) and start a new layout.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: