Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Iceclaw
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:38 pm   

Current Bug List ? [3.xx]

I've been out of the mudding community for quite some time, and thought I'd update my CMUD and see where I end up, to that end I checked out the bug list, and version history in an effort to determine whether I should move up to the newest 'stable' or beta version..
The current bug list in this forum only has bugs from builds prior to [http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29823] 3.x, even though there seem to be other known bugs.
The real show stopper to updating right now to the lastest stable is [2.20] Default package corruption: I'd finally gotten my package stable after many hours of work, but the features and other bug improvements from the 3x builds are quite tempting.

So the question is? 1. Is corruption really all that much of an issue right now? 2. Is there a list of current bugs somewhere? I've been trying to skim through pages of the beta forum to see if anything stands out but nothing has so far.

Thanks!
Iceclaw
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:54 pm   

The latest version is 2.37. If you don't already have default package corruption you should be fine. As an extra precaution you can export all your packages to XMl and of course make a backup.

The 3.xx beta is a pretty stable one. The newest areas of code changes are the Location and Mapper changes, so if you're not a heavy mapper user, or if your willing to accept some bugs and are willing to help test, then I say go for it.

Of course I've always tended towards bleeding edge software. Very Happy When it comes to beta 'caveat emptor'.
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:53 pm   

Also keep in mind that Taz was doing the online bug list as a favor back when he had time to keep it updated. Most of the bugs that are in his list probably have already been fixed in the 2.37 Public version or the 3.x Beta series. But nobody has had the time to go through and test 3.x to verify whether or not the bugs on the list have been fixed or not.

I don't keep Taz's list updated myself...I have my own internal bug database here locally. So it's very hard for me to determine which bugs on Taz's list have been fixed already and which haven't.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:54 pm   

There is another one that is more recent, and is probably a better indication of what's still considered outstanding for the 3.x Beta version.

If I can (and it's admittedly unlikely) I'll try to find the time to consolidate and clean up the lists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: