Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Loftaris
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:50 am   

Cannot edit my map

I don't know why, but suddenly I can't access my map properties menu.

CTRL+P, right click > Properties, Edit > Properties .. none of them work.

I tried CTRL+TAB to move the window if it was off-screen, but it's not there either.

CMud Pro 3.08 Beta
Windows Vista
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:01 pm   

Moved your post since you're using the Beta version.

If you think the window is coming up but just hidden, try setting the transparency levels on the CMUD app.

I know these will probably be silly questions but you did you close/restart CMUD? Did you restart the PC? Can you access edit mode on the mapper? Can you access the Map Properties?

As an aside, you should probably move up to the latest Beta version since there are several map related fixes.
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:30 pm   

I did in fact restart CMud and my PC both, no fix.

I didn't realize there was an upgrade. (I did upgrade just now, didn't fix.)

I guess there is one thing that I could add here.. CMud crashed about 5 times in a row, then suddenly when I loaded it again, all the stock mud listings were there, and my character login information (user/pass) were gone, however all my triggers were there.

I have tried closing and opening the map window, that didn't help. Tried reloading the map, that didn't help.

And no, I don't think it's transparent, because if I try opening the properties and either that or ctrl+tab to bring the window to view, alt+space gives me the main cmud windows options.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:16 pm   

Your window layout file might be corrupted. Hold down the SHIFT key and click the Open Offline action to reset your windows.
Loftaris
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:24 pm   

Thanks for the responses Zugg, but that didn't fix the problem. Tried several times, including restarting cmud completely.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:00 pm   

Well, that probably means your Location object is messed up, or you have multiple Map objects that are messed up, or something like that. Since I can't reproduce the problem, I'm not sure what else to suggest.
Loftaris
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:35 pm   

Is there anything I can do to try and fix my location object? I know I've got 4 items if I do #loc, I don't know how to get rid of 3 of them.

I've tried closing my mapper, loading an old map, loading a new map, but I can't edit the properties on any of them.

I sent you a bug report because now my cmud has started crashing when I use the map window. I titled it the same as this forum topic.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:19 pm   

Are you using 3.10a now? If so, do this:

Go to tools, select Room properties. Then go to Windows and select Room Properties. It should come up then. That is, I'm assuming you're talking about the Room Properties window.

If you have your layout locked, the Room properties menu (for whatever reason) always seems to load behind the main session instead of popping forward like it should. If you keep your layout unlocked (I don't like to do that because then I might accidentally move something...) then it'll pop up to the front.

Charneus
Loftaris
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:22 pm   

Nice! Windows > Room properties worked.

Yes I have tried with and without layout locked but nothing worked.

thanks Charneus! Perhaps now Zugg can track this little problem :D
bajanrose
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:55 pm   

Got the same problem as Loftaris in 3:10a and Charneus' suggestion worked.

Edited to add: When I am mapping a new room and it runs into another current room, sometimes the link produces an arrow which I am unable to drag to the correct direction to the other room, so I usually have to end up deleting it and linking the rooms manually into the direction I want.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:36 pm   

Bajanrose, the problem you added in your edit is completely unrelated to the issue in this thread. You should create a new thread to ask about it, adding a few more details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: