Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
groundzero2010
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:04 pm   

Help with Packages

I've been playing with packages and seem to be getting no where. I made a new package called EZRead which I want to share between two characters. EZRead has a basic %SHOW, %replaces scrambled letters which are shown when a spell is cast into the actual spell name. "gpuorm = shield" I want both characters to share the same package but its not working correctly.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:12 pm   

Can you diagram out how you are sharing the packages? Also is the package global? Has the package been added to both sessions? Are you multi-playing, i.e. do you have both characters going simulataneously?
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:29 pm   

I'm multiplaying..I go into sessions, edit session for one character and click the + sign to add the EZRead.pkg, save.. Do the same with the other character. When I click on the package in settings it has global checked.

Is this the easiest way to change display text from gibberish?
I'm basically trying to create one package for all my multiplayers to use so I don't have to copy paste individual triggers, aliases, etc. in each character file. Change one "EZRead.pkg" and all multiplayers have it. OR I can send it to a friend so they can use it as well.

Code:
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
- <cmud>
- <class name="SpellRenaming">
- <trigger priority="2980">
  <pattern>#SHOW</pattern>
  <value>%replace( unsoftl mgruub, unsoftl mgruub, energy drain) %replace( abrazak, abrazak, armor) %replace( craes, craes, group) %replace( gewbar, gewbar, summon) %replace( ghafw, ghafw, storm) %replace( ghix, ghix, slow) %replace( gquorm, gquorm, shield) %replace( groos, groos, sleep) %replace( ihabowunsh, ihabowunsh, atonement) %replace( inset candusqirr, inset candusqirr, word of recall) %replace( iqum, iqum, acid) %replace( judifgo, judifgo, curse) %replace( kariq, kariq, magic) %replace( marsor kariq, marsor kariq, dispel magic) %replace( mcandusiw gutph, mcandusiw gutph, dream sight) %replace( mgrutab, mgrutab, dragon) %replace( oculoinfra, oculoinfra, detect) %replace( pigho, pigho, haste) %replace( qhibo, qhibo, clone) %replace( qpabraw dudasabru, qpabraw dudasabru, charm person) %replace( rozuhi, rozuhi, levitate) %replace( safhir, safhir, portal) %replace( sunuo megh, sunuo megh, pixie dust) %replace( taam, taam, good) %replace( tbaqt, tbaqt, knock) %replace( tig, tig, gas) %replace( ubygruzuguab, ubygruzuguab, infravision) %replace( ubzuguvuruhl, ubzuguvuruhl, invisibility) %replace( unsoftl mgruub, unsoftl mgruub, energy drain) %replace( unspibqom ghcandusbthp, unspibqom ghcandusbthp, enhanced strength) %replace( unsqpibh, unsqpibh, enchant) %replace( uoculobhuyl, uoculobhuyl, identify) %replace( uqo, uqo, ice) %replace( vrigh, vrigh, blast) %replace( wohoaf, wohoaf, meteor) %replace( xabram, xabram, ward) %replace( vcandusihpo, vcandusihpo, waterbreathe) %replace( xifxirt, xifxirt, waterwalk) %replace( xov, xov, web) %replace( yfagh, yfagh, frost) %replace( yiofuo yucandus, yiofuo yucandus, faerie fire) %replace( yrl, yrl, fly) %replace( yucandusvirr, yucandusvirr, fireball) %replace( candusycandusgp, candusycandusgp, refresh)</value>
  </trigger>
  </class>
  </cmud>
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:38 pm   

The problem is that your trigger makes no sense at all, I'm afraid. First, your trigger pattern needs to match the text from the mud you are trying to do something with. Second, %replace is a function, and you cannot start a command line with a function. Third, you are not using the %replace function correctly. Fourth, you are not doing anything to actually change the output on the screen.

You might be best off using multiple triggers, one for each spell you want replaced. It would look something like this:
Code:
<trigger priority="1390" id="139">
  <pattern>(unsoftl mgruub)</pattern>
  <value>#psub {energy drain} %x1</value>
</trigger>
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: