Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jakj
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:22 pm   

Map Zone Export/Import

So, I've searched the forums and so far the only things I can find are either "get zMapper" or "use Zone Copy" (which I doubt works in CMUD at all, since it's from 2006). I just want to export individual zones from my map for other CMUD users.

Save As will make me an .mdb file, which I can't open since I don't have Access. Then, when I Open that same file, absolutely nothing happens. It gives the loading progress bar when it reads the file, but when it's done, nothing happens. I tried deleting the zone in my map and re-opening it from the file, and it didn't recreate the zone. I tried creating a new blank zone in edit mode and opening it there, and nothing. Reads the file...and then just gets distracted by a butterfly or something and forgets to give me my map.

Any ideas?
jakj
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:25 pm   

Interesting behavior, I had tried to open it twice into my empty zone, and nothing. Drop-down box still showed my empty zone and my 3 good zones. Just now I did "Delete Zone" and I had to do it 3 times, once for each time I opened the file and once for the empty zone I had created. So maybe it did something...created three zones of the same name that showed as one zone? Or something...
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:22 pm   

I believe you are correct, you cannot export zones in version 2 of cmud. If I recall correctly, that capability is planned for the version 3 mapper, but has not yet been added as of v3.08.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: