Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:11 am   

[3.07] Buttons filter failing to show any buttons

1. Open up settings
2. click the 'button' filter on the right side

The buttons are not shown in the package, if you click on a class which contains buttons you will see them in the list on the right with all the classes contents, but they will not be in the tree view as triggers/ect show up.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:48 pm   

I cannot reproduce this. I opened the settings editor for my package that contains buttons and clicked the Button filter on the side, and it properly displayed all of my buttons and gauges just like it always has. Are you sure you clicked on the "button" filter and not the "macro" filter above it (that looks like a keyboard key)?
adalius
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:03 pm   

I reproduced this, not just with buttons though, it did it for all item types for me. It's listed elsewhere in the forums too. Basically going to the view menu and turning on and off the panel (I think thats what it was called in the menu option, at work and can't check right now), made them show up.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:44 pm   

You need to give me the exact steps that you are using to reproduce the problem. Also, if it is listed "elsewhere in the forums", please provide the link because I cannot find this issue mentioned anywhere else. And I still cannot reproduce it at all here.
adalius
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:20 am   

I guess I should elaborate then ;-)

I *believe* what he's experiencing is a subset of what I have come across, which is clicking on any of the filter buttons shows an *almost* empty list. Without knowing if Chris was limited to just buttons though I can't say for sure. If the buttons filter wasn't working but clicking on the trigger filter button showed triggers, then this is indeed a totally different problem, however it clicking triggers (as an example) also brought up an empty pane, then it's the same.

I misspoke about being able to reproduce it as my method seems to no longer work after having closed and reopened CMud, but before if I did #save and then went into the settings, it would be empty except for showing any windows in the list, the mapper grouping, and the package icon/name. Now, I still get this problem but it seems to be random as I'm working on editing various settings. Sometimes its after editing a trigger, sometimes after a variable, or any other item for that matter. The only similarity seems to be that I am working in that window, then switch focus to the main CMud window, then back to the package editor.

So basically you have a nearly empty settings listing, clicking on any of the filter icons just continues to show an empty list, or in some cases you have a full list but clicking on the filter lists makes it go empty even if there are items that shouldn't have been filtered.

The post I was referring to when I said I've seen this in the forums, is http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=127845. It's not the exact same bug mind you, as that one (from the screen shot) wiped out rendering of the entire settings, where as the problem I'm describing still shows the seperator bar between the tree list and the right hand's detail view. However, the solution provided at the end of that thread fixes the problem I'm describing.

As requested in another post, this is with 3.08 on XP SP3 for me.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:09 pm   

When you have this problem, try using the View/Restore Default Layout menu option to see if that fixes it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: