Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:25 pm   

Proxy Problems

Hi, wanted to share an account. Nobody's at fault for sure. Going to make an in game report to the map master.

1. Installed the new beta
2. received multiple connection disconnecting messages using a proxy map
3. found a brand new proxy map release at sourceforge and thought, hey maybe this will fix problem 2
4. did not fix problem 2
5. logged in with no proxy
6. ran new proxy map in ZMud
7. KABOOM 10 unable to connect maps pop up and then every shortcut I own tries to run the proxy map
8. deleted the process and its program (running automatically) in safe mode
9. received a can't find run32.dll message and needed to manually fix links to run my escape from hell scenario.
10. viral scan clean
11. finish reinstall system files and updates (1 day later, forget finding a new run32.dll as this seemed too deep a dll for me to touch)
12. tell my harrowing tale
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:31 pm   

In step 6 you mention ZMud. This forum is for CMUD. Are you having this problem in CMUD? If so, what version of CMUD and what version of Windows are you using?

What do you mean by a "proxy map"? If that is some sort of external program (you mentioned sourceforge), then I can't really support it.
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:12 pm   

Silly of me, I was being philosophical (and emotional) about saying everything. I had a problem with the latest beta 3.08 XP install. It determined the 'proxy map' which acts as the server to CMud for one game I play, that established two connections with the actual server.

I was disconnected.

After that, I don't know. Bomb of some kind. Some guy in China maybe. sorry. I am timid to try again. No matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: