Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
bajanrose
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:04 pm   

Error!

For security purposes, this program will not run while system debuggers are active. Please remove or disable the system debugger before trying to run this program again.

I have never had this happen to me before. I installed it and it worked fine and then I had to close it and when I tried to run CMUD again, I get this. Any idea how to stop it? I'm using CMUD Beta 3.06.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:47 am   

This occurs when a program's running that does some kind of memory inspection. These can be things like cheats, hacks and tweakers for various games, hex editors, and things like that.

If you're not using any software like that, this can also be set off by viruses and spyware, which sometimes use memory inspection to access things they shouldn't.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
bajanrose
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:11 pm   

Well, this was on a clean install of Windows. I had my antivirus on and updated. I tried an earlier version of CMUD and it opened up fine and initially so did CMUD Beta 3.06. It just stopped working and I haven't changed anything or installed something new other than what I usually have. I checked the computer for viruses and spyware just in case however, came back fine. So I am unsure..never had this problem with the earlier releases of CMUD.
bajanrose
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:33 pm   

Okay, did another scan. Seems I have Adrevolver stuff in my mozilla firefox folder. Which is irritating, I'll see if those being removed changes anything.
bajanrose
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:05 pm   

Well it seems to open when it wants to. I scanned, cleared everything out, it opened then an hr later same thing, it gave an error when I tried to open a new session. Today I got an error, tried to open CMUD right after and it did, I opened another window and it did, when I went for a third right after I got the error again so it seems wonky is the best I can put it. It opened up one after an error then another one right after and number three is a no go.
bajanrose
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:55 pm   

Well, I tried 3.02 and it seems to run without giving me this error. Thanks for those who responded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: