Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Gael
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:24 am   

Script to change the level of the current room

I found this topic here (http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=147574) where somebody was trying to make custom directions to

While I think the mapper's way of displaying multiple levels is very slick, I too would prefer to keep all my rooms on the same mapper level regardless of 'up' and 'down' directions. In the forum topic mentioned above, it was suggested that the best way might be to create the rooms and then manually move them back to the desired level. This is quite a tedious process, however: File-->Edit-->Move (or Ctrl+M) --> click on dZ +/- 1 --> OK.

So here's the question: is there a way to script this this? Eg: with an alias called movecurrentroomup (or down)

Advice, as always, is much appreciated....
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:15 pm   

I'd love to be able to do this as well. Unfortunately at this time there isn't a very easy way to do this. I just manually change the room level every time I create an up/down room placing it on the same level. Hopefully with the new mapper work that is going to happen Zugg can add this as an option.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:11 pm   

If you have CMUDPro with the zMapper scripting extensions you can do this easily. The %room variable is set to the current room, so you can do:
Code:
%room.Z = %room.Z + 1
#call %room.save

If my memory of this is correct. There is no way to script this from normal CMUD. The intention is that all advanced mapper scripting requires CMUDPro (or zMapper/cMapper).
Gael
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:49 pm   

Thanks Zugg. Being able to do this is important enough to me that I just went and bought the upgrade to CMUDPro. Very Happy

Assuming there is any...where can I find the documentation on advanced mapper scripting?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:18 pm   

It's a bit hidden right now :)

What you need to do is download zMapper and install it into some directory. In the zMapper directory you will find an old zMapper.HLP help file. Double-click on that to open it and there is a chapter on using the zMapper scripting in zMUD. It works the same in CMUD.

You might want to delete the ZMAPPER.EXE file if you aren't going to use zMapper or else CMUD will prompt you for the zMapper license when the zMapper trial ends. But if CMUD doesn't find the ZMAPPER.EXE file, then it won't check the zMapper license.

Eventually I'll add this documentation to the main CMUD help files to encourage people to get CMUDPro. It's on my (long) to-do list.
Gael
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:16 pm   

Thanks again!
Gael
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:42 am   

Hmm, haven't been able to get this to work yet, with v2.37 Pro. It it something that only applies for the 3.x Beta?
Aidan88
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:54 am   

I suspect this won't work with the 3.X beta as that uses the new SQLite Database. This does seem like a useful method as my ADO scripting method (which would work) seems to be a bit sucky at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: