PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:42 am   

[3.06] Bug: right-clicking floating child windows

I right click the top of the window, expecting to see the options

Restore
Close
Rename
Rollup
Transparency
etc (not sure if those are all correct - the menu disappears too quick to read them)

showing in the right click menu. The menu appears as expected, but disappears a fraction of a second later. This is only the case when they are floating windows. If I dock them the menu shows fine.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:55 pm   

I don't think you are supposed to right-click. The normal Windows method is to left-click on the icon in the upper-left corner of the window to get the window menu.
hogarius
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:56 pm   

Zugg, I just tried right-clicking on the caption bar in an Excel, Internet Explorer and Outlook window, and the Restore/Move/Size/Minimize/Maximize/Close menu appeared, and remained on the screen, in all those cases.

When I right clicked on the caption bar of a "floating" spreadsheet window in the Excel application, a menu appeared, Save/Save As/Print/Page Setup/Spelling/New Window/Arrange/Zoom/View Code.
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:09 am   

Its the same with a left click in the corner as you said.

Plus, its only when they are floating, not when they are docked.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:21 pm   

OK, bug is confirmed, even with left click. I'll take a look at it.

The dockable windows in CMUD are a bit different than "normal" application windows. They are controlled by the docking system uses in CMUD, which goes to some lengths to keep them in front of the main application window. The docking system also handled stuff like double-clicking the caption bar to dock/undock a window, etc. So something the docking system is doing is interfering with the normal Windows System Menu in the corner.

I don't know if it's something I'll be able to fix myself or if it's a bug in the 3rd party docking system, but I've added it to the bug list.
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:44 am   

Thanks. I'm not sure that its particularly important, I was just curious as to what options were there.

As a bit of a tangent, if I wanted to make it appear as though there were no window border and the text was on the main window but up in the corner, the best (maybe only) way to do this would be to change my windows theme to black borders?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: