Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
cuprohastes
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:57 am   

[3.06] Styles: Use Defualt Font setting not saving

I'm not sure if the setting is not saving or the display is not showing that it's not saving. When I create a style, then save it and go back to edit it and tick 2Use fefault font" and save it, leave and come back, it doesn't show up.

Win 7: No compatibility mode enabled.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:44 pm   

You need to give me more detailed procedure for reproducing this. I cannot reproduce it. Here is what I did:

1) Created a style with:
#STYLE mystyle red
2) Opened Preferences, went to Styles page, expanded the User Styles and clicked on mystyle
3) The Default Font option was checked, so I unchecked it
4) Then clicked on a different style, then clicked back on mystyle. It was still unchecked
5) Then I checked the Default Font option
6) Again clicked on a different style, then clicked back on mystyle. Was still checked
cuprohastes
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:46 pm   

OK I followed that through and it worked.
Then I opened my "myGlobals" custom global package and tried it. It doesn't save the settings. I ensured that the package was not set "read only".
I have created a video to demonstrate: http://cuprohastes.com/lj/zugg/
From now on I'll get a screen cap or a video capture of any bug I'm reporting to make it easier to see what I'm talking about.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:14 pm   

What is your Default Session Font set to? I think the bug is that clicking the "Use default font" might not be changing the font name and size to match the default, so when you click back on your style, CMUD notices that your font name and size are different than the default so it unchecks the Use Default option.
cuprohastes
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:29 pm   

The default session font is Consolas at 14pt, same as the styles: There's a reason for that.

If I set a style to be e.g. hobo 10pt, so it's easily distinguished, for whatever - system messages, for instance, it has problems. I'll try and explain.

Default font is 14pt Consolas (14C)
Warning font is 10pt Hobo (10H)

The screen would look like:

14c | Hi
14c | What's up?
10h | Bob has entered
10c | hi Bob
14c | hi Alex

The line below the text will be a different font from the one it's supposed to be. In this case, 10pt
cuprohastes
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:46 pm   

Or to put it another way: http://cuprohastes.com/lj/zugg/fonts.png
This is what I'm getting - took me a while to work out a way to easily replicate it. I'm using a test session connected offline. I'm sending
#echo test
#echo warning
#echo background
... and so on. I have a trigger set up using regexp to match ^warning and apply #col warning and so on and so forth.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:57 pm   

Well, since the Use Default option works for you in a blank session, but not in your myGlobals package, you'll need to help try to find out what is set differently in your package. Maybe the package is messed up somehow? Have you tried creating a new blank package and adding your styles to it until you find the style that causes this problem?

Giving screenshots and video can help, but the most IMPORTANT part of creating a good bug report is to create a step-by-step procedure for showing the bug from a blank session.

Also, in general CMUD wasn't designed for a lot of font-size changes. The screen scrolling is optimized for a single fixed line-height. So don't go wild with font sizes. The main purpose of Styles is to give you a name associated with foreground,background,bold,italic,underline font settings. Different font names and sizes should be considered experimental. Something I can improve in the future, but isn't a huge priority right now.
cuprohastes
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:13 pm   

I just tried something. If I change the "default Font" setting, it doenst save. If I change Default Font AND something like Bold, it saves. There's no problem with saving settings to bold, italic or underline.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: