Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
bajanrose
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:41 pm   

Multiple session maps

How do I make this work? I tend to use various maps but only the first session map appears across all sessions.

Oh, I forgot to add I'm using CMUD 3.05 Beta
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:18 pm   

Each session should have it's own Map Object stored within it. You can open the Settings Editor for each session to make sure it has a Map Object and that it points to the correct map database.

When you click the Map button in the toolbar with a session window selected, it should open a Map Viewer window for the Map Object that is stored for that session.

Also be sure you download the latest 3.06 version and are using that. If you have trouble, let me know. There hasn't been a lot of testing with multiple map objects yet, so there might be problems with it.
bajanrose
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:29 pm   

Ah, I'll have to get 3.06 then. I'll try it with that, thank you!
DBNinja

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:39 pm   

I just recently downloaded 3.06, but I can't get a second map working. I tried clicking the map button on the toolbar in the second session, but the button just flips between active and disabled without performing any function. In the first session, the map button works properly.

If the first session map is disabled (through pushing the button) and I try to use the map on the second window, the map will pop back up on the first window.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:28 pm   

In the second session which you want to be using a different map, click on Settings.
In the Package Editor, find the map object for the second session (probably in the package containing the main session window).
Click on that map object to edit it.
Make sure the name and map associated with that map object refer to the second map you want to use.
DBNinja

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:19 pm   

I'm not having any luck with it. When I went to the settings and found the map object(of the second session) in the package containing the second session, the map was pointing to the folder of the first session with the map name of the second session. I fixed the folder and had it point to the correct folder, but I'm still not having any luck getting a different map in each window (or even two maps period). Individually, in each session the maps work, but I can't get them both working together.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:51 pm   

I can confirm that this is a bug. Clicking the Map button when the second session has the focus is supposed to open a second map window for that session. Looks like this isn't working and only works for the first session window. I've added this back to the bug list for the next version.
bajanrose
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:43 pm   

Awesome, can't wait for the next version since I'm getting the same problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: