Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:19 pm   

New CMUD/CMUDPro/TeSSH BETA version 3.06 available

Improved mapper, improved Lua, improved Telnet, improved MXP, improved buttons.
-----
I've uploaded the latest BETA version of CMUD with the new mapper. This fixes many of the crashes and problems with the previous version. Please see the Version History for details on new features, changes, and bug fixes.

IMPORTANT: v3.x is still in BETA TESTING phase. This means that v3.x may still contain bugs or other problems that haven't been reported yet. Always be sure to make a backup of your existing files before installing BETA software. Please post any bug reports to the CMUD Beta Forum.

This 3.x version contains an improved mapper that integrates properly with the CMUD window docking system, allowing the map and the room properties windows to be properly docked. The new mapper architecture uses SQLite instead of Microsoft ADO/MDAC for the database, to improve compatibility on non-Windows systems, and to improve the mapper speed. The new mapper supports multiple tracked locations in a single map, allowing maps to be shared across sessions. The dockable room properties window has a graphical compass for moving around the MUD by clicking with the mouse. The user interface has been improved and the toolbars in the mapper are now customizable and saved across sessions. Room scripts are also much improved and fit better into the CMUD scripting architecture. For more information on the mapper changes, please see the release notes in the CMUD Beta Forum.

Many bugs in the Lua scripting support have been fixed in the 3.x beta version.

New Telnet features include xterm emulation support, including xterm 256 color mode and xterm mouse support. For Telnet character mode, a complete keyboard map can be used to determine exactly which control codes are sent to the server, and which are used to activate local macros or menu commands. Telnet option negotiation has been made more robust with proper separation of client and server options. EOR/GA operation has also been improved for MUDs that support it, making prompt triggers more reliable.

Many MXP bugs have been fixed, and a new option has been added to prevent MXP from being parsed from a MUD that hasn't negotiated the option, while leaving local MXP enabled for your scripts. This makes CMUD fully compliant with the MXP specification without the quirks that zMUD had.

Many other features, such as support for the zMUD Color Syntax codes, Enable/Disable scripts for class folders, free-floating buttons, Trigger Wizard and more have been added, with hundreds of bug fixes.

You can download the latest BETA version of CMUD from the CMUD Downloads page.

zMAPPER USERS: Because of the mapper database change in v3.x to SQLite, you will not be able to edit your new maps using the old zMapper software. A new version of zMapper called CMapper is planned for later this year, and a conversion program will also be provided. Your custom zMapper graphics and room types will all be properly converted to work within v3.x, but once the map is converted, you will only be able to edit the old map with zMapper and not the new map.

Last edited by Zugg on Fri May 22, 2009 9:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gorre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:55 pm   Cmud .... Must wake up and join reality

Please Please Please understand that current cmud is no longer used. I have seen zmud and specifically cmud drop off the face of the earth.

I also understand that as coders you will not understand why. THe people who play muds generally know their stuff and if a feature is not available they go elsewhere.
The people who do your surveys are the "Unknowning" I am not trying to be mean but understand that you were left behind long ago.

Now adays muds are extremely interactive and communication is ESSENTIAL. AUTO MAPPERS are OUT. they are for newbies. No offense but its a laughing joke on all 3 muds I play
that time is being spent on autto mappers for cmud. You have the fastest interface of any client yet you are made obsolete. People who mud now adays are on CHAT and SKYPE. And i am not
talking about just pk muds. I know 100+ that stopped using zmud and I would venture to say thousands.. due to the loss of chat.

If you want to even attempt to salvage this product. You need to stop what your doing and get chat running ASAP. O and PS zchat interferes with vista and explorer. Fwall and DLL problems.

I hate Mudmaster and a few other products with a passion because they have slow interfaces. However, their chat features are quite often flawless and realiable. The second you log on a mud people expect you
in a chat.

If people can not mud without an automapper they will not be mudding long. (I am not generalizing on that... thats factual information) Please Please wake up and prioritize.

Email me when you have a chat feature and I will get people to convert back.

Dan
radboi22
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:00 pm   

You want a chat feature? Go to yahoo chat rooms.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:45 am   

Now, now, radboi. The chat feature is on the wishlist, I'm sure.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:21 pm   

Don't worry much about Gorre's post. He obviously isn't tied into the MUD community that most of the rest of us are. In my many daily contact with MUD players, auto-mapping is still a huge priority with the vast majority of people, and it is the main feature that distinguishes CMUD and zMUD from all of the other clients and which drives our business. The mapper has always been a priority and will remain a high priority for a long time.

While integrated chat features are on the wish-list as Fang mentioned, they are not a high priority because in Windows you don't need everything built into a single program. It's trivial to run any number of chat systems (yahoo, trillian, msn, google, skype, ventrillo, etc, etc) at the same time as a MUD client. You see the same thing with MMOs...most people just run external voice chat programs these days. You don't need chat built into the MUD client to chat with your friends or guilds. I know that I regularly use my headset with Ventrillo to chat with people I'm playing with, and CMUD is *never* going to have any voice chat system. Any chat system added to CMUD will be text-only and similar to the old zChat plugin.
aseal81
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:28 pm   

Uh why would I want cmud to handle my chatting when I have skype to do that?
Seems like someone who is set on a feature that doesn't make any sense to me.
gp1628

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:23 pm   

Personally Id have to agree.
Bloating an application with things that can be done by other external programs is a bad idea. The original application is bound to suffer, and the requests for features is never ending. Its better to allow the users to choose their own external app which satisfies their particular needs rather than try to satisfy everyone. People will use different apps and they all will clamor loudly for the features of that app that they love.

On the other hand, an area that is growing for this program and others like it is system administration.
Im very excited about TeSSH. I love the use of clients outside of mudding for the ability to watch a login session, tail -f log files, netstat, uptime, etc and have the same ability to do actions, highlights, substitutions, triggered logging, triggered sounds. Being able to do it for SSH sessions is a must. TinTin has support of it already (with the new RUN command) and Im thrilled that you are moving in that direction also.
Im greatly looking forward to it.

Gandalf Parker
-- and yes, that is my name. Wink
bajanrose
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:59 pm   

Automapping is huge since I still use it. Chat?? I've never used chat on any mud client, I save that for my instant messengers, I don't even see the point of it to be honest but never used it so who knows... I love zMud, now I am trying out cMUD and they both are nice.
Scirkhan
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:53 am   

Automapping is huge. So is chat from what I've seen for the record. Although Buttons and Aliases still seem to be bigger.
I love it when new versions come out! There have been some serious improvements..
bajanrose
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:57 pm   

Oh I must ask, will CMUD support multiple session maps like how zMUD did. I find it only keeps one map over multiple sessions but I'd love to see a map per session like zMud.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:37 pm   

The newer beta versions of CMUD already supports multiple session maps. Post to the CMUD Beta Forum for more help on how to do that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: