Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
miwgood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:45 pm   

Weird Cmud Crash

I use Cmud v2.37 on 64bit Vista.

I encountered a problem this morning with my program locking up. Last night while running two windows in Cmud I connected my laptop to a flatscreen, and the change in resolution caused Cmud to freeze. I didn't think anything of it, closed the program, and went about my business. This morning I went to open my normal connection, and it froze. Tried several more times, and again it froze. I created a new connection to the same mud, and started porting over my triggers and aliases. It then started giving me errors, which I reported. After reloading the program a few times, I now get the errors every time.

The error is the following: Access violation at address 005bd251 in module "cmud.exe".
Read of address 03412f80.

Thanks.
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:20 pm   

Did you run scan disk? That is the extent of my tech skills, but I'd try that and check off automatically fix errors.
miwgood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:54 pm   

It's not a windows error; it's one from Cmud. As it is, I am going to uninstall and then re-install, and see if that helps.
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:03 pm   

A thing I read on the forums was to shift+click on your mud which loads the default layout.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:00 pm   

Usually this kind of problem is caused by a bad script running in the background. When you get the access violation error, you can click the Send Crash button to send the crash report to our database. You can also save the crash info to a file and post it here within [code] tags if you want more help with it.

You said that you were "porting your triggers and aliases". I assume you were porting them from zMUD? Be sure to run the Compatibility Report in the File menu of the Settings Editor to check your imported scripts for any known problems.
miwgood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:11 pm   

I meant porting them over from my (non-working) session. I'm pretty sure it was a script that was giving me issues, but eventually I couldn't even get a session to load without the program freezing with a very quickly flashing prompt bar.....

Anyways, I uninstalled, and re-installed. I went with 3.05 this time, and now I have all new problems. Not sure if I should start a new thread, so I'll just put them here-

First off, I play using a minimum of two windows. Immortal, Mort, and sometimes channel windows. But for some reason, I can /not/ get my session layout to save the multiple windows. It will save the dimensions and location of the first one, but that's it. I've tried saving the layout, save the session as..... all to no avail. :(

And secondly, is there a way to make it so that the triggers and aliases I input in one window work on them all?

Thank you guys for all the help. Much love.

**EDIT**
Alright, I got the multiple window layout to save. I had to delete my session and create a whole new one. No idea why the old one wouldn't update, but the new one saved just fine.

As for triggers, I still can't figure out how to make the #trig's from one window save to all open ones, but I managed to c/p them across the board. Only odd thing I saw is that when I use the #NAME function to rename the windows, the name didn't change in the package editor.

Thanks again for the help guys.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:28 pm   

If you want triggers and aliases to work in all windows, you need to create a new "Module" in the settings editor and set the module to be "Global" (should be the default). Then make sure this module is enabled for each window. This is how you make shared script modules in CMUD.
miwgood

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:51 am   

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: