Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:42 pm   

[3.05] Settings editor confirmation box not sized appropriately

I've been changing a bit of code, and I've come across a trigger that I'd like to change however cmud is giving me a popup, I think trying to say that my setting is too long or something, however I can't see the end of the text in the popup box . So three questions/comments.
1. As you can see, in the settings editor, many of my triggers are longer than the tree will allow, and truncates some of them. Any idea how I can see the entire trigger here?
2. Please add an item on the buglist to modify the popup window to accomodate longer trigger names.
3. Any idea what this popup is for? I think it's because cmud thinks I have two triggers with the same name. However, even though I have a number of them ending in "considered a pi" according to the tree, the actual trigger says "considered a piece of clothing" or something else. Is it possible that cmud is actually checking for duplicate triggers based on this truncated tree view name rather than the full name?
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:23 pm   

Setting ID's are limited to 64 characters i believe. since the start of all your triggers are identical, your getting this error.

Add an id to prevent cmud from using the trigger pattern as the id. OR you could combine several, or many of those triggers into 1 trigger with a wild card capture for the item type.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: