Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:16 am   

[3.05] how to connect to a map

So I've been trying to debug some things with the mapper. I did a save as on my map, changed the name. then got an access error. I went back in, to find there were two map icons in the settings editor. I tried a couple things but then did a save as again. it created a third map icon (i have no clue if this is the intended function). I then shutdown and was confused as to which map was connected to as all three had the connect on startup button checked. I then deleted two and restarted cmud. It then opened with the version I had left. I then wanted to check the other versions of the map, soooo, I deleted the map icon/setting in the settings editor. I then went to the automapper and selected the exit command from the file menu. I then restarted cmud. When I re-opened cmud the map window is now open. My question is, how do I load a map from this point??????? I don't see a setting for it from the preferences, I don't see a "create new map" or "connect to map" in the settings editor, and I don't see any of the normal file commands in the mapper window, all it has is the title bar, and no commands. Seems to me it should be easy to connect to a map from this point. I feel like a tool having to ask this question, as it seems it should be very easy to do and I've probably stared at it a couple of times already. Also, I've done a search of the help file for "connect map" and "load map" and "open map" and "open mapper" with no hits...
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:54 am   

Well, I found it. Turns out, you go to new=>mapper module in the settings editor. I guess I didn't find it the first couple of times. Maybe I'd ask to have a feature added where if you don't have any map loaded, and you click on the mapper icon or select the automapper icon from the main session panel, that it asks you "would you like to connect to a map?" or similar. Anyway this crisis averted.
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:12 am   

hrmm, I keep getting responses I don't expect.
After I made my last post, I then went into the settings editor, deleted the mapper module I had open, then I did a file=>exit from the automapper. I'm thinking these are the only two things I have to do, to completely cut the cord with that particular map.dbm...? Seems this isn't correct, as the next time I open CMUD, it opened and connected to the map which was listed in the mapper module that I deleted and exited from???? Is there something else I need to do to disconnect from a particular map?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: