Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion
Daffyd
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:37 pm   

Would asking for a modem dialer be unreasonable?

Subject says pretty much everything.

I've just started a new job with a ton of telnetting required. Unfortunately some of it has to be done through modem (dialup).

I am planning on building packages for the sites we connect to and scripting the commands we run, complete with popup windows to show to my boss. No guarantees but I'm going to try to see if they might buy TeSSH.

I will be using CMUD for the initial package creation since I'm not installing beta software on a company PC without my bosses permission, but I hope to get that permission after I show him what can be done with it.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:54 pm   

Sorry, but I have no plans to add modem dialing. Your normal networking software in Windows should be handling the dialup stuff for you. Once your network is connected via Windows, then you can use TeSSH. So you shouldn't really need TeSSH itself to support the modem dialing.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:58 pm   

You can load sessions from the command line, though - just drag a session icon onto the desktop and you'll be able to see the command for it. So you could conceivably write a batch command to connect you, run CMUD, and then have CMUD execute everything via the OnConnect event.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:46 pm   

#launch could also be used,

Code:
#event onload  {
   #launch dun connection
   #wait xxxx {#connect}
}

#event onconnect {
script stuffs
}
Daffyd
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:21 pm   

Excellent! Thanks for the quick responses!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: