Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:04 pm   

Slightly Morbid mention in article

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20090314/ap_on_hi_te/tec_death_online

Just a small mention, but thought it was nice to see Zugg mentioned for something other than MUDs in a slightly more mainstream fashion.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:33 pm   

Quote:
He wasn't dead

He sure wasn't! ;P

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:44 am   

I read the article on the Nintendo news network through my kids' Wii. When I started reading the article I was thinking, "Hey! This sounds like Slightly Morbid."

Reading the article on my TV reminded me of my experience with Tolkien and Blizzard. Reading Tolkien back in the 80's, I thought, "This needs to be made into a movie, not animated, but the real deal. It'll make someone very wealthy." Thank you, Mr. Jackson. I knew someone should do it, but I doubted it would get done.

I played The Lost Vikings on my Gameboy Advance and loved it. I thought, "This company really made a great game. I wonder if they have any other games - if so, I'll buy them." A couple of years later, I bought Warcraft and loved it. It was quite awhile before I realized Blizzard had made it too and I thought, "It figures that Blizzard would be behind this awesome game."

I think Zuggsoft is destined for greatness. I got the same feeling reading that article on my kids' Wii, as I did when the making of LoTR was anounced and when I realized that the company that made Warcraft was the same as the one that made my favorite game on Gameboy.

Was the article a result of marketing or was Chiara contacted/quoted independently? Congratulations Zugg, great press exposure!
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:17 pm   

We sent out a press release some months ago. Then in February we were contacted for an interview and told the article would be 'probably March'. We now have another invitation for an interview.

I'm excited.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:43 pm   

Sweet... I hope this translates into more business for you; but I'm sure the exposure is good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: