Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Talon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 2:36 am   

dual operating system

I recently installed Windows XP Professional in a dual boot configuration with Windows ME.
When i goto enter my license on the same copy of zmud 6.15 it gives me elicense error 7 and wont let me continue ...go back to windows ME and it works fine. Suggestions ?. Thank you

++Talon

James W. Short
Talon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 3:08 am   

ok slight error on my party it was error code 17 not 7 ...actual message is ...

Unable to get or install a license
Retrieval of license failed with error code = 17
All renewable licenses are currently active - no license is available at this time.

James W. Short
iljhar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 5:16 am   

Okay, do you happen to have this installed on 3 machines? Or do you have a machine w/3 different versions of windows? Did you happen to format a partition that had zMUD installed on it w/o first unlicensing it? If you have it installed on 3 machines/partitions, then you'll have to unlicense one of them first. zMUD only allows 3 licenses active at the same time. If you happened to reformat a partition w/o unlicensing zMUD, then you'll have to wait at the most 3 months before eLicense recycles that wasted license. Hope that helped.

Iljhar
Talon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 9:17 am   

Well, I thought of that. But I have never installed zmud on any other operating system on any other computer since version 5.55. I now run 6.15 and i can't get it to license on XP. I was thinking about unlicescing under ME but I'm afraid it then won't work under either operating system. Not to mention I would like it to work under both of them anyway.

++Talon

James W. Short
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 11:49 am   

It seems that what you did is to first install it in Win ME and then you go to Win XP and try to open zMUD from where you installed in ME.

You need to install it under XP too.

Kjata
Talon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 3:53 am   

I did this; however, i installed it to the same directory as to not waste space. I shouldn't have to install a copy of a program for each operating system. I have tried installing to a seperate directory, but it did the same thing. It would really suck to have to export/import to each copy of zmud.

James W. Short
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: