Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
kinnoinen
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:11 pm   

[2.37] CMUD window stealing focus, probably related to #dde

Very often when changing the window away from CMUD it steals the focus back after a sec or two. It can happen after ALT-tab or just clicking a different window. So for example if I click on Wordpad and start typing there something I get to type "win" and then window focus goes back to CMUD and end up typing "dows" to CMUD command line. It can do it once or twice, but after that it's OK until I change focus manually back to CMUD. Then it can do the same thing all over again.

I'm pretty sure this behavior began after I started using #dde commands from CMUD. I heard someone else was having exactly the same problem and he also started using #dde before it.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:51 pm   

This seems to happen (in my experience) when the package editor (and or the the help) is set to Stay on Top. Try unchecking those and see if the problem persists.
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:59 pm   

I don't have any Stay on Top turned on.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:15 am   

You'd need to narrow this down to the exact script that is running in CMUD when it steals focus. We have tried to reproduce these kinds of issues in the past and have failed. So it's very dependent upon your exact scripts. I'd need a procedure that I can try to use here to reproduce the problem before I can fix it.
kinnoinen
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:04 am   

Actually now that I tested it some more, it has nothing to do with CMUD scripts. It steals focus even if all triggers and tick timer are off. It happens when other program commands CMUD with dde. When I removed dde commands in mIRC the focus stealing stopped. Now while having all CMUD triggers off I typed "/dde -e cmud cmud #say test" in mIRC a few times and bam, it stole focus again.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:48 pm   

That's actually normal. DDE often causes the program being queried to become active so that it can process the DDE request. So I'm afraid that's just how Windows is handling the DDE activation. DDE is a very old protocol, left over from the Windows 3.1 era. It's not surprising that it has quirks like that. Not much I can do on the CMUD side, sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: