Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
gyrra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:18 pm   

trying to cut/copy/paste color text from mud

I have the problem of not getting Cmud to color the text it send to the mud.
I thought i had all my colors properly set in the color syntax tab in preferences.
I cant send color from editor window either.
Of course when i manually add the color codes, this works fine.
I assume my problem lies here but cant find it:
-- i don't have the 'color syntax' setting right
-- there is some type of terminal emulation i have wrong (i have tried all and currently all checked)
-- logging isnt keeping the color intact (also tried different settings with logging and currently all checked)

the mud uses the ` for a color command (shift tilde) and uses no background changes at all
(blink / underline / bold / reverse / etc.)

mud i connect to is temporal-rifts.org:7887

any new ideas i can try or fixes, please feel free to make me look like an idiot.
thanks in advance
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:31 pm   

Color syntax hasn't been implemented yet for CMUD. That's still on the wishlist.

Charneus
TraggikEndings

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:21 pm   Small changes sometimes make all the difference!

charneus wrote:
Color syntax hasn't been implemented yet for CMUD. That's still on the wishlist.

Charneus

I know this feature might seem trivial but it was very useful to me on zMud in many different ways. I would like to see it implemented on cMud if possible.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:34 pm   

It's still on the to-do list for the future. But the work on the new mapper currently has higher priority so I don't have any ETA for it yet, sorry.
EZE
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:43 pm   

Oh. Then I'll stick with Zmud until you add the color syntax. That's a crucial part of the usefulness Zmud had over other clients. Without that, this really isn't a purchase I can justify. Its a great program, but as a builder on a mud with color schemes I need this option. You'll get me to switch if you add it. I almost bought it before I realized it didn't work. That's a little bit misleading if you ask me. It would be nice if you mentioned that in the program itself instead of making us come here to be disappointed. Its not really a feature you should be advertising if its not really there. I guess I'll be ready for Cmud if you do add it.
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:36 pm   

I don't think it is advertised, certainly the main Zuggsoft page that has the CMUD advert doesn't list it as a feature.

It ought to be put into the Compare Features page as an explicit feature to compare that isn't available in CMUD as opposed to zMUD and perhaps it will now that I've mentioned it.

Yes it would be better if the preferences 'Color Syntax' tab didn't exist in the preferences editor since it currently achieves nothing but then you're asking Zugg to take time from important programming to remove something that will eventually achieve something so would need putting back in, there isn't much point really.
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:42 pm   

I'd like to pay for this program. I just don't think I'll get enough use out of it if I can't use it for building. I spent a few hours trying to deduce the problem before I came to the forums. I suppose I just assumed that because they were so similar that it worked. A notice would certainly have saved me some time and the hassle of changing my scripts to work in the new program. Anyway, when its a feature, I'll be certain to buy. I understand about limited coding time. I hate to sound indignant. Zmud certainly isn't as nice as Cmud in many ways, but this is a crucial feature for my mudding time.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:42 pm   

I bought it today at the end of the trial version when I read the syntax is available in the new BETA version. Thanks Zugg!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:45 pm   

Ok me again, I have installed the latest beta (Cmud 3.05) and I understand this is still Beta.
My question:
Is there a plan ti implement the color sytnax into the built in editor?
If so, is there going to be an option to "switch" views of the color syntax?
[showing text in color / showing text with mud's color syntax intact]

I have been waiting <patiently> for this feature, though as I have watched the updates, I am not
about to complain about the priorities.
Zugg has put alot of time into fixing bugs and adding features we have asked for and i for one,
greatly appreciate that.
There aren't many companies out there that actually focus on what customers would like, but instead,
only want to sell more copies of their software.
The point that Zugg, pretty much single-handedly, has been doing just this, is why i promote Cmud so vehemently.

Regardless of my own personal wish-list, seeing implementaions on a regular basis, makes this software
the most versitile and powerful client i have ever used.
Now if only we could get zugg to write a new OS from scratch.
Laughing
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:52 pm   

As you mentioned, the built-in editor doesn't support color syntax, and probably won't. The editor used in CMUD is a 3rd party editor component that doesn't know anything about ANSI or color syntax. I patched basic ANSI display support into it a while back, but I'm not sure how much would be involved in supporting color syntax. There certainly wouldn't be any way to support a "switch" to toggle it on and off. Once ANSI color codes were converted to the text of the color syntax codes, it wouldn't have the original ansi color codes stored anywhere.

The number of customers who use the color syntax feature in zMUD is very small, and the number who need it in the Editor window (as opposed to the command line) is even smaller. So I'm afraid this is just very very low on the priority list, sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: